• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB: LOTR

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brewmanager said:
And Mike - how did you know it was inevitable?

I knew this because you love the LOTR books and movies where as I couldn't even make it past the 25 minute mark watching The Fellowship :FP:

Time to go remove the head on my IJ because that is leaving in a few days as the fade was just too much for my heart to handle and I tried removing all the GI bulbs and played in pitch dark but the fade still bothers me.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
How many times do I have to tell you - theatrical release, not the extended edition.

This Lotr was here before - but this time it won't be leaving. I now look at sending my five year old screaming from the room as a more positive thing than before. Go bug mommy, sweetheart!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
WARLOCK said:
Anyways, in regards to what LOTR are available there are none that I know of. The one from Drano's friend sold last week to another collector in Barrie. Warlock's has now been traded to his best friend which I knew was inevitable anyways and the only other person I know who might have a LOTR to sell right now is Brock but it might be off the market now that he has sold off a few of his other titles to pay off his MM. McMean has been wanting a LOTR since 2009 and earlier this year I bought a LOTR LE on his behalf and judging from this pic I don't think he will ever let it go.

Ryan you have come pretty far in a short period of time, just take the time now to learn and enjoy what you have. There will always be pins for sale in the future and when Stern releases the new Star Trek or JJP releases The Hobbit I am sure someone will have to purge some games to make room or raise money.

Thank you Mike :D

I asked Brock, his is off the market. I asked McMean, he's not ready yet.

I think I will take your great advice and just wait, and if one falls into my lap, awesome. I think just about everyone knows I want it now :oops:
So I'll let it rest for now. Pinball is like crack to me though. I guess I'm weird that way.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
brewmanager said:
I now look at sending my five year old screaming from the room as a more positive thing than before. Go bug mommy, sweetheart!

Aaaand copy, and paste, and forwarded to Gabi. WHAMMY! I'm not sure what line was better tonight... yours or Brocks? :lol:

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
quarter grabber said:
I think I will take your great advice and just wait, and if one falls into my lap, awesome. I think just about everyone knows I want it now :oops:
So I'll let it rest for now. Pinball is like crack to me though. I guess I'm weird that way.

Here is some more advice, don't be that "douche" with the "must have now" mentality and willing to over pay for a particular title. It really sucks when this happens and not going to mention any names but someone I know very well over paid for a non working game and then some asshole instantly thought his was worth at least that much and got it :cool:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
quarter grabber said:
A very very wise man told me once "a pin is worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

Sorry but that doesn't sound very very wise to me because Confucius says:

Confucius_acc61.jpg

"Just because you overpaid for a pin doesn't mean I have to"

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
my buddy just picked up a nice LOTR last week.
he had it shipped from calgary.
after some solid play last night i see what all the fuss is about.
really fun game with tons to do.

good luck!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
movingpictures said:
my buddy just picked up a nice LOTR last week.
he had it shipped from calgary.
after some solid play last night i see what all the fuss is about.
really fun game with tons to do.

good luck!

Thank you. :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Great advice on the thread from some guys with experience.

He who dies with the most machines is not necessarily the winner. He who has fun playing with what he has, can surly be considered the real winner.

Also, patience is a virtue.

All advice I must remember to follow my own damn self!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
One lesson I've learned is, how much you're going to pay for a game you want is directly related to how long you're willing to wait. That can be a double-edged sword however, because the impatient ones pay a premium and therefore drive up the market (see Pinside).

Since the popularity of Pinside has skyrocketed, so have the prices.. it's crazy how fast it's moving. The inflation HAS to hit critical mass at some point.

ANYWAY, back on topic. Someone sell this fella a LOTR. ;)