• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The OFFICIAL "Hey, I got a new machine" thread

Don't know....told the guy right after he posted it I would give him what he asked as I was very interested.
Next thing its sold. Tells me two people are fighting in his den over it. I said thanks and left it at that.
If I was him though, I would have started the bidding there while the action was fresh :)

Congrats Adam.....glad to see it ends up in the KW area anyhow, just sadly not in my room LOL

Adam

Nov 5, 2015
waterloo, on
You heard wrong then or this is a different machine. I was the only one there looking at it and paid him at that time. Not sure how that story came about but it's definitely not correct. Super nice seller.

This wasn't the one listed in Mississauga just a few nights ago for $ 6,800 then?
Could be a different ad perhaps, maybe I missed the ad that lead to your purchase.

In any event, no matter. Congrats on the purchase. I hope to find one of my own one day
but I am more doubtful than ever that it will come by way of Kijiji.

Reactions: Adam

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I've picked up a few since last time I visited this thread.

Blackwater 100, Ship-Mates (1954), Yuma Arizona (1950), Disco Fever, Secret Service, and I finally got a Black Knight.

Black Knight is beat up but fully working. I'm going to retheme it to Monty Python Holy Grail.

Reactions: WARLOCK

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've only ever seen BW100 once in my travels and I thought it was so off the wall that it was a blast to play. (once you figured out how to play it!)

Nice additions.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Haven't gotten a new machine in a while... Sold a few though.

This little beauty found it's way to me a couple of days ago. Never played one before but the price was right and I'm a sucker for card games. The 60s vintage of this machine was also pretty appealing.

I learned that this was Gottlieb's last machine with a gobble hole. Collecting each of the 3 rows of cards on the backglass lights the gobble hole. One special for each set completed.
If you get all three, not only do you get 3 specials at the hole but every rollover will make a special too (up to a max of 15 I think). This is on top of specials earned for score.

Apparently this title was a huge earner on route back in the day and seems to be pretty collectible. Who knew? ;)

It should clean up pretty nice. Cabinet is rough but playfield, plastics and bg are great. Coincidentally, this example comes with the Plexiglas "export" backglass.

20161207_002216.jpg

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Shit, what did I just do?
20161209_114534 (Medium).jpg

Kind of an impulse buy, but I wanted a new game, none of the other TOPL hosts have a Ghostb
usters, and I wanted to get more time on it. The theme is awesome, the gameplay is good, and my wife likes it too, so she was the one who finally said we should just get it. Sticker shock be damned!

20161209_212856 (Medium).jpg

Paul Renaud

Jun 3, 2016
OTTAWA
"Oops!...I did it again" - B. Spears, 03/00

luckyace.jpg

Was looking for an EM, and grabbed this one earlier in the week.
The girl is starting to get concerned about the rest of the basement.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on the NIB GB Premium Chris and I hope a friend was able to help you save a few bucks too.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
This was bought and paid for today. It isn't home and in my collection yet but she is pointed in my direction. A few pictures that the seller sent to me. She is a thing of beauty.MetLE1.jpg Metmople.jpg Metmople2.jpg

Last edited: