• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The OFFICIAL "Hey, I got a new machine" thread

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Driving down the street and I see this.

20170203_152208.jpg

So I go up to the door to see what's up and house is empty with for lease sign on it.

Threw it in suv and brought it home.

20170203_152514.jpg

Left the dolly though I already have one of those.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Who doesn't love 'little people'?
Finally found a nice Genesis. Actually, this was the very machine that hooked me.
Always loved the Metropolis theme, but playing this at another member's home really sealed the deal.
Simple, fun and kick-ass music and sounds.
What more do you need?

Just need a good shop, two missing plastics (already found) and the correct white drop targets. Pretty sweet condition otherwise.

View attachment 8144

I really LOVE the look of this game. Very cyber-punk. I would love to own one just for the way the playfield looks, lol.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Little work to be done before I can play it, but there's one more Quicksilver in the GTA as of Thursday night.
Looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing I'll need some flippers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: DRANO

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Little work to be done before I can play it, but there's one more Quicksilver in the GTA as of Thursday night.
Looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing I'll need some flippers.
Flippers totally change gameplay.
Make sure you think about it before adding them.

Reactions: Chambahz

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I really LOVE the look of this game. Very cyber-punk. I would love to own one just for the way the playfield looks, lol.

I might do something fun with this one... not exactly sure what just yet. All the playfield art is really heavily inspired by the film Metropolis and I'm a big fan. The rest of the game art is a huge disconnect.

The concept of building the robot is great and the music really makes the game come to life.

Last edited:
Reactions: quarter grabber

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Glad you found one so quickly!
Great punishing game... and hard to find.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Glad you found one so quickly!
Great punishing game... and hard to find.

Thanks Adriano.
I emailed about 20 people, asking around.
Finally found one waiting to be restored and snatched it up as is before a bidding war could start.
Fingers are crossed though. We'll see what headaches may lie ahead.
I expect I'll be waiting a long time to play it, waiting on various bits and pieces to arrive.

Paul Renaud

Jun 3, 2016
OTTAWA
Wow- it looks like the dolly was nicely restored- I would have thrown that in the suv as well... :)
Have you seen what dolly's are going for on Kijiji? I know a guy who knows a guys brother who said his sisters boyfriends uncle bought one at CT for $200 and then listed it on Kijiji for $1000. You totally missed an opportunity to make serious coin.

Reactions: Jeff K.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Some before and after photos from todays cabinet cleaning session.
I think I managed to remove all the vomit and urine.
Hoping, anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 46

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
So, this week started off well. I decided to start to thin the herd a little. I have way too many games for my liking but, deciding what to let go is like cutting off a limb. I decided I had had enough time with my beautiful GTB Volley so I let that machine go to a friend.

Not 24 hours later I see a Cowpoke FS :(
Buckaroo and Cowpoke are high on the wedgehead food chain and awesome games. I've always wanted one and was very lucky to jump on it after it had already been listed for a good portion of the day. Picked it up last night from a great seller with one of the most gorgeous collections of 60's Gottliebs I've ever seen.

20170221_223538.jpg

Then, just as I was preparing to go and get this machine, a Big Game pops up in London for $1K!
I wasn't very hopeful I'd get the machine but, I guess it pays to have friends in low places ;)
Turns a buddy in London knows the seller and, within a couple of hours, this happened....

It's gonna need a good shop, but it works and seems to be in pretty nice shape all around!

BG01.jpeg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hopefully this will be the last "new machine" post for me for a while.
I'm really looking forward to trimming down projects and hunkering down to work on (and enjoy) the stuff I've got.

I actually bought this several weeks ago, but it came up from the US and was being held by a friend in Buffalo until I was able to go collect it this last weekend.

She traveled roughly 2,200 miles (3,500 KM) from Arizona.
It even came with a little hitch-hiker from the desert ;)

Fun little game and very hard to come by in these parts. This one has a bit of playfield wear, but nothing that can't be fixed. Otherwise it's in really nice shape.

I think my recent classic Stern addiction has taken on new levels.

20170226_220423.jpg

20170226_214644.jpg

Reactions: WARLOCK

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
I remember as a kid in school we would put things in a clear liquid that would harden clear , this might work and then you can mount it in the game somewhere

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I remember as a kid in school we would put things in a clear liquid that would harden clear , this might work and then you can mount it in the game somewhere

Maybe for my Cactus Canyon... if I ever get around to finishing it

Chris Sisson

Feb 28, 2017
calgary
Our first ever pin but we both like to play. Picked up an AC/DC LE . just need to finish basement reno then get it home.Real nice site glad I found it. Everybody seems nice, and helpful.

Last edited: