• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

remote control power...Luch's idea

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
this idea was first brought to my attention by Frolic , cost about $50 total for 5 controllers and one remote
this is the remote controller I have and would recommend this one

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hmmm. That's a Mike Wong influence for sure :D
First time I came over to his place a 2-3 years ago he just pointed this remote and turned on his games.

Reactions: WARLOCK

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Cool idea, but I really don't understand the big fuss over reaching under each game to turn it on/off? I've got 20 games in my lineup and I actually enjoy going down the row to turn each one on... Maybe I'm just weird? (which wouldn't be the first time I've been told that)

D

Reactions: tim.sanderson

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
It works great especially for the EM machines with the transformers that stay on with the game switch off . I put a power bar into this and plug about 4-5 machines into the power bar with the game switch in the on position . Point and click like magic . Freaked everyone at provincials when I turned all the games off just before the rules of the championships were announced . Anyone in my area that wants to see them in action send me a PM oh and pinball and beer is included

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It works great especially for the EM machines with the transformers that stay on with the game switch off

:picard: I already told you that is the isolation transformer! You can take that out, it's not necessary and does nothing but add weight and waste electricity.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have been using these since 2010 and perfect for unwanted guests chimping flippers to shut them down. Best time to buy these is right after Christmas when they go on clearance.

Now you don't have to raise your arms and break a sweat turning your games on luch o_O

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
I have mine on a clapper. I walk in and clap my hands and they all come on. The only down fall is one night I was playing pool with the wife and when I bent her over the table to, umm you know, the pins started going on and off like a disco ball.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
when you see it in operation , you'll get converted

Drano has seen it in operation at my place for many years and it hasn't converted him. My initial reason for using remotes was because my gaming area didn't have a door before and wife would have hair/nail clients over with little kids. The kids would find their way in and flip games on/off, start a game and chimp away on the flippers. With the remotes I can make sure they can't do this but if they were smart they could just crawl under my games and plug directly into the wall.

It's not that I don't want little to play them but I like to be around just in case something locks like a coil or flasher. The only other person I trust when I am not around is my brother in-law Keith. He played such a big part in my collecting and also smart enough to know if something is wrong to shut the game off. The last thing I want to come home to is this :eek:

15891184753_7ce01da976_o.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
wow that's some smoke show , must have stunk for days

It wasn't my game and apparently it happened at a pinball show. I thought someone was trying to show off a new mod for when you run the red light. I'm sure the smell was pretty bad once they opened the coin door.

16510330202_033a5aa6be_o.jpg

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I sure would like to see under the PF of that game after that happened, and then check the fuses as there is no way something that catastrophic would happen if it was fused correctly. (at least it shouldn't)

D