• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

remote control power...Luch's idea

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Hmmm. That's a Mike Wong influence for sure :D
First time I came over to his place a 2-3 years ago he just pointed this remote and turned on his games.

With all due respect to any others who have since thought of this, Wong was all over this before any of us knew it existed.

Having said that, great option for sure, but much like Drano, "I like to walk the line" personally. I would recommend it for most friends easily, and badger around myself on my own pins.

Neat post. Thanks.

Last edited:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
With all due respect to any others who have since thought of this, Wong was all over this before any of us knew it existed.

And Nick Angel had it long before Wong, and I'm sure someone else had it long before Nick.

It's just a over glorified light switch, not the cure for cancer. Who cares who did it first. If you like it cool, if you don't cool.

My plan in the building is to have some big Addams Family type massive master switch so it's like your flipping the switch to an electric chair

Like this:

360235523598.jpg

Reactions: DRANO

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Other than having all your games on at once when you don't need to, the only real reason I can see this being trouble is when you've got a bunch of people over for a tournament or something and someone inadvertently hits the wrong switch. Everything turns off, and riot ensues. As long as the switch/remote isn't somewhere that it can be hit accidentally, it's fine. Personally, I don't see the need with only 9 games-why power something up to just sit in attract mode if you're not playing it?

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
How many outlets can be controlled by this one? I got one from Home Depot last year that had 3 outlets.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
it controls one outlet , but you plug a power bar into it and then plug 4 machines into the bar , and then the four machines turn on with the remote when you click one button

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

Having said that, great option for sure, but much like Drano, "I like to walk the line" personally. I would recommend it for most friends easily, and badger around myself on my own pins.

Neat post. Thanks.
the idea for me as I said in my original post came from frolic.