• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

new Stern STAR TREK confirmed! (sort of)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, if history tells us anything the pin will not release anywhere close to the movie release... which has never made much sense to me.

D

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
if Stern followed the JJP model they'd be taking deposits the week the movie comes out :roll:. We can be thankful that they're not looking for money until there is a machine to show.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
With the way Metallica hype train has been going the past few weeks I am sure if there was an option for end users to secure their LE with 100% payment up front they would. Brock can probably tell you how many calls daily he gets from people who sent him a deposit for a MOPLE due to the rumors (or facts?) being stated on pinside that distributors who normally get allocated 20-25 LE units from Stern have been cut down to 10-12 and then cut down to even less for Metallica.

frolic said:
if Stern followed the JJP model they'd be taking deposits the week the movie comes out :roll:. We can be thankful that they're not looking for money until there is a machine to show.

Also what is wrong with the JJP model of taking deposits ahead of time? Skit-B took initial deposits on Predator but at least with JJP your deposit is 100% fully refundable even after 2 years since WOZ was announced. I don't know if they are still allowing this but I know my friend who put down a deposit from 2 years got it refunded no questions asked recently. Didn't jpop take money before he had anything solid to really show for his Zombie Apocalypse game?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I think with the Pred and Zombieland games everyone realizes those are 'boutique' games, and pre-payment / deposits are required to move things along.

D

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Well, that's it, and there was nothing wrong with Jack looking for some kickstarter money for woz.

but woz is done, and he's doing it again for hobbit, taking money years in advance. He's not a little boutique, he's a guy with a factory. Makes you ask questions about why he needs the money paid in advance for game 2 when he should be making money off of sales of game 1 at this point.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
frolic said:
Well, that's it, and there was nothing wrong with Jack looking for some kickstarter money for woz.

but woz is done, and he's doing it again for hobbit, taking money years in advance. He's not a little boutique, he's a guy with a factory. Makes you ask questions about why he needs the money paid in advance for game 2 when he should be making money off of sales of game 1 at this point.

Adam apparently did one better than most people for the hobbit but for most of us it was 1K down (refundable) and then balance when the machine is in the store .. to secure a LE that seems fine with me ... JJP offered a payment plan as an idea some folks liked it and I guess some didn't, I prefer the offer I got from Playdium (hell I'd prefer Adam's deal even more but 1K is fine)

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
SquidVicious said:
So the pic is a photo-shop job ...

Are you saying it is faked? where did you get that info from? where I saw the pic on pinside makes no mention of it being a fake.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
frolic said:
SquidVicious said:
So the pic is a photo-shop job ...

Are you saying it is faked? where did you get that info from? where I saw the pic on pinside makes no mention of it being a fake.

On pinside they show the actual photo of the model at a show ... so she was inserted .. someone mentioned that they thought the playfield was AC/DC or 24 but of course it's too grainy to tell ... I'm sure they are doing Star Trek and I'm gald it's a Ritchie game (too bad lyman isn't on it) just wondering if it's Generic New Star Trek or if it is 2nd movie new Star Trek

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Based on the title, I would guess it's the new movie. I don't see Gary going after an old license anyway.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
frolic said:

tumblr_m6jin6xy4X1qmzlrao1_500.jpg

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
all good by me to have an even better photo of that chick :eek:

that backglass design was terrible, so better that the whole thing was fake.