• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Welcome! If you're interested in making the drive, there's a couple of Canadian leagues reasonably close in London, KW and Toronto (depending on how much of a trek you want to make). The toronto league playoff tournament is in a couple weeks (May 25) in an amazing location if you're interested.

burkedevlin

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking for a while now and it's time to introduce myself. I met a few of you at Luch's last month. Just bought my first game this week from meegis - a Bally Black Rose. Thanks meegis! Also want to thank mwong, Drano, and everyone else who corresponded with me here or on pinside as I tried to navigate the strange new world of the pinball market.

2aihp9i.png

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Reactions: meegis

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I'm Wayne, and I'm an addict. I haven't bought a pinball machine in about 4 months, and a year before that I think. Many of you know me as the resident curmudgeon webSherpa (or PinballIsNotDead) on MAACA. I mostly lurk here. I've seen happier times, weaned my collection down very reluctantly to 11 pinballs (mainly projects), and my bitterness and angst shows but am entering into a good year, a new workshop,and maybe even a new attitude. So I am here to revolt.

And Brock, I need a new Phurba.... ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome burkedevlin and I remember putting you in touch with meegis for Black Rose a few months ago. Congrats on your first pin and let me know when you are ready for #2, #3, #4, ... #(n-1) and close those blinds before unless you want to completely fade your Black Rose cabinet!! ;)

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
burkedevlin said:
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking for a while now and it's time to introduce myself. I met a few of you at Luch's last month. Just bought my first game this week from meegis - a Bally Black Rose. Thanks meegis! Also want to thank mwong, Drano, and everyone else who corresponded with me here or on pinside as I tried to navigate the strange new world of the pinball market.

2aihp9i.png

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Black Rose! Such a great, underrated game. My buddy has one and it's faded pretty badly. As Mike suggested, get that thing away from those windows unless you want a completely washed out cab!

Welcome to to forum. Enjoy.

frankov

Nov 6, 2014
Montreal
www.failsafegames.com
Hello everyone !

My name is Frank and I've been reading a lot on Pinball for the last few years.

I haven't played PinBall much in my youth, mostly because they were pretty much gone by the mid-90s but it's always been a fascination of mine.

I'm an avid Ghostbusters collector and I'm seriously thinking of selling my collection to eventually buy a machine!

Here's hoping!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Welcome to the insanity.... errr I mean the hobby Frank!

You've definitely joined at the right time as you're just at the stage where you'll want to ask a lot of questions about a lot of things before your first purchase, and no better place than here. Once you've committed to the idea of buying a game, I highly recommend dealing with one of the many great members here to help you out and maybe even sell you a game. (this way you'll know exactly what you're getting)

Don't be shy either, that's what this place is all about.

Doug

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
frankov said:
Hello everyone !

My name is Frank and I've been reading a lot on Pinball for the last few years.

I haven't played PinBall much in my youth, mostly because they were pretty much gone by the mid-90s but it's always been a fascination of mine.

I'm an avid Ghostbusters collector and I'm seriously thinking of selling my collection to eventually buy a machine!

Here's hoping!

Welcome, Frank! You're our 600th member :) Just checked out your website, there's some really cool games there. Please feel free to promote your business here however you choose.

That goes for everyone, really.. we're a pretty amazing community, and I know if I needed one service or another I'd try and offer one of our members the opportunity first, and I'm sure others would do the same.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Welcome Frank! No better place to be for pinball than here!

I just got my first pin a couple of months ago, so, I'm still learning the joys of pinball ownership.

What pinballs were you thinking of?

frankov

Nov 6, 2014
Montreal
www.failsafegames.com
Glad to join you guys! I really want to be well prepared for when I get my first machine !

Thanks Revolution! It's a humble business, only me and a programmer but we've been able to do game and other projects comfortably for the last 5 years now :)

FastEd : Not really sure - I haven't played a real pin since the late 80s when I was 9 years old... It was a Banzai Run and it blew my mind when the ball got to the second playfield - I had been playing for weeks and I though it was a decoration ! Back then, I didn't get most of the rules, I just enjoyed playing for as long as possible.

2 years ago, I stumbled upon the "Special When Lit" documentary and I guess it opened an old wound - I can't stop thinking about it since. I know only one thing : Pinball Arcade, Future Pinball and VisualPinball were not enough to calm me down... Just made me crave a real machine even more.

I think I learned (by playing the virtual stuff) that I enjoy more "open" playfields, without too much clutter. Played a lot of Monster Bash on Pinball Arcade, loved it. I don't know if it's really open, but Addams Family looks like a lot of fun.

I know it's the usual replies and I've read a lot of people who get tired of Addams Family, but I think I'll be ready to make a choice once I get to play some actual machines in the coming months - planning to go at least play some pinball for the first time in 25 years at Amusement 2000 soon (not a lot of options around here).

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Welcome Frank!
If you're ever in the Toronto area and want to relive that Banzai Run experience, look me up.
I had the same experience as a kid. I was fortunate to find a nice one last year.

And, for the record, TAF was my first pin.... played it a lot on location too. 20+ years later and I'm still not tired of it :D

Reactions: mstellato

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Hi Everyone,

I've wanted a pin for years but I'm ready to take the plunge(r) now. I played the late 70's games so that's what I'm going to look for, I seem to prefer Bally probably because that's what was in the variety store near me and I like games that are a bit slower with lots of good targets. Mata Hari, Eight Ball, Playboy or maybe Six Million Dollar Man or Evil Keneivel, sorry I haven't figured out all the acronym's yet.

Like others I doubt I can stop at one, but luckily my basement (Mississauga) is small so 2 really should be the limit....or 3.....

My head is spinning from lots of research the last few days, any advice gladly accepted at this point.

Cheers,

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Hello Everyone,

I've always loved video games and I was lucky enough to have been born in the 80's and got to experience the pinball and arcade culture thanks to my uncle. I have always wanted to own a arcade system and a pinball machine one day. I was lucky enough to score a Virtual-On arcade machine which I would frequently play during my high school life at the Eaton Center and now I would love to have a pinball machine. I've been reading up on varies repair situations and saving up for a pinball machine that hopefully won't need much repairs and isn't going to break my bank.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Welcome kvoxx (kevin).

First machine is always exciting. Lots of people on here will help you out with any advice you need.

Welcome to the hobby and the addiction lol.

Mitch

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Welcome Kevin!

I just bought my first pin a little over 2 months ago and have since added a 2nd! Just a word of caution, these pins do have a tendency to multiply.

When you're ready for your first pin, get in touch with mwong168, he's known to have popped many first timers pins, including mine!