• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tim's Rollergames thread

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
System 11 MPU / Driver is all one board. The issue with your JET rollover lamps not changing along with the HS initial entry is all the same issue, which will be a problem with the optocouplers on the interconnect board. (I believe the part# is 4N25 and there should be 3 of them) You'll need the schematic to figure out which one is for what, but that is where you need to start looking. (bad traces / connectors slowly eliminating these things until you're left with just the 4N25)

D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Menace said:
I need to order up one of those, but I refuse to join pinside. If anyone here is planning to hop on the next pre-order, could you please put me down for one?

If Pinside ain't your thing, the seller and his company are also on Facebook...you could probably get in touch with him there...unless Facebook is another cesspool you'd rather not frequent? Anyhow, if you can't find someone to order with, his company is Fabrication Unlimited in Columbus, Indiana. Shipping to Canada is $8.50.

https://www.facebook.com/FabricationUnlimited

tim.sanderson

I took off early today so, so I took a few pics of some of the more 'interesting' repairs that have been done on this machine by previous owners over the years:

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 586

tim.sanderson

Wow. It is becoming quite apparent that this game is a bit of a disaster. It looks like a previous owner(s) hacked the shit out of it. These splices and jumpers are what concern me the most at the moment:
file.php

Tracking this shit is gonna be a bitch. Well, I asked for a challenge. :FP:

tim.sanderson

spiroagnew said:
tim.sanderson said:
Tracking this shit is gonna be a bitch. Well, I asked for a challenge. :FP:

Why not just bring the whole machine over to my place...match up wiring side by side. You can sleep in the shoe closet.
Ah yes, the SANDERSON SUITE! That would make things easier. Until then, I have a sixer of Pabst and a freshly printed manual to dig into.

Attachments

• pabst_and_RG.jpg
    pabst_and_RG.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 496

tim.sanderson

Thia can't be right. The J3 connector only has one wire on it. And this piggybacked resistor is interesting as well...

Rob, if you could, maybe you can take a few pics of the boards in your backbox for me? I think one decent pic per board would do the trick.

**EDIT** Duh, I guess I can loosely compare it to my Jokerz...

Attachments

• to insert f lamps connector.JPG
    to insert f lamps connector.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 495

tim.sanderson

From what it looks like, the inserts are not connected to the MPU. This explains quite a lot. I think the inserts that are lit up were simply routed to a power source to make the playfield light up a bit. That might be why none of the lights respond to any actions.

It looks this will be the first machine I actually pull the playfield out of!

I still say you have an issue with the optocoupler where you cannot enter your HS initials, over and above the rest of the hackery you've shown so far. Hope you got this game at a really good price!

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
luch said:
Time to sell and buy a game made in the 21st century . All I ever do have to do is wax and clean . Maybe the odd light bulb.

Every dog has it's day luch, eventually your collection of only modern Sterns will develop issues or problems. Personally I prefer to troubleshoot B/W problems more because there is more documentation available out there compared to Stern. I know you are going to come back say that is because there are no problems with modern Sterns. :p