• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD MET LE, AC/DC LE, MB and CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
I think people need to decide what this forum is for. Both here and maaca everybody says the forum is to help the pinball community. If that is the goal then that also means protecting other members of the community especially the newbies who might not know what is a fair price and what is overpriced or gauging. If you want to sell way overpriced there is kijiji but if you put an ad on the forum then its the duty of the members of the forum to call them out. Otherwise we are not helping the community. And there is a difference between a few hundred dollars from fair to a thousand or more. So ask yourself if you were the newbie would you want someone to warn you that something is way overpriced before you bought? I remember one of the first games I bought when I was new into buying and overpaid, looking back I wish I had a more seasoned collector with me to warn me. Would have saved me some cash.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
This seems like a common practice these days... yet it's only commented on when it's a price we don't like, somebody from another forum ( or province ), or just a random happening by price police. I'm not defending it - but how can you dispute this if somebody ends up buying the game? Nobody is forcing anybody to buy it! Don't like it just pass on by......

I thought PBR was supposed to be free of these comments. I didn't see any comments when Dave's EK sold in under an hour for 2200, when you told me in the last few weeks on here it was a 1300 game, that's nearly twice the price. What - no comments????... I felt the game was priced fairly and it sold. Dave is an awesome guy and a great seller ( sorry for the bum hug there folks ). It seems to me like when it's the "circle" it's all good, when anybody else does it, watch out for that guy!

Are you planning on selling your CC for 10K then? I think collectors would be lining up around the block for that deal. Let me know if you do. Like the 1300 EK, I'll take that deal all the time :)

Just to add to the hypocrisy: As you probably know, I'm the one that purchased that $2200 EK.... and I also purchsed the $1300 example that is going to be sitting next to it. But you're missing the big picture. My uber secret hidden agenda is really to take the "Bally Boy" title eventually. I think I'm only one or two EK away. Now THAT would be priceless :D

But seriously, I suppose that means that EK is both a $1300 as well as a $2000+ machine. I don't think either statement is technically wrong and I still maintain that it is a $1300 game (or at least it can be). Dave's example was nicer than my original and I needed a game to bring down to Allentown to get in early and to flog for USD to pay for my trip... so there. I'm not disputing it can't be a $2K game. It can be a $10K game if HEP touched it!

Coincidentally, I have about $11K invested into my CC if I'm going to be transparent. If I was to list it for sale I don't believe I would be posting it for much more than that to be honest. I believe that a seller should never be ashamed in asking fair market value but, IMO, I figured that I was already pretty close to market for this title. So maybe I wouldn't lose money, but I also wouldn't automatically add $8K to the price unless someone could prove to me that this was now the norm for a CC. If it's the norm then great for me... that's what I will ask... but I feel it is still in the $10-$12K area depending on condition. And that's mostly just opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

I guess if you're looking to sell a CCC soon, this seller's ad is like manna from heaven :)

Last edited:

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
I guess if you're looking to sell a CCC soon, this seller's ad is like manna from heaven :)

Yes I am.........

and now i see you're finally getting to understand my sarcasm, which doesn't always translate to text too well, I'm never really serious about any of this pinball stuff. It's supposed to be fun.

You can take my title as the most EK's ever owned owner - but you will never out jump me on my tricycle.

Back to the thread - Good luck with the sales ( here or not here )Steve, I hate when people posted discussions like this on my F/S threads and now I'm just as guilty.

Reactions: DRANO

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
You can take my title as the most EK's ever owned owner - but you will never out jump me on my tricycle.

:itd 3d ani w120 smiles 004:

I have bad knees anyway ;)

Now let's get serious and help get these pins sold so we can all retire early!

(personally, I always enjoyed a little banter in my FS threads. Helps keep them on top. Buyers are usually unaffected by price police. We are all addicts and can't help ourselves)

First, thanks for those who understand that i look for a collector.

For others, go see my pinball and also my lot of bills from pinball suppliers. These added to my titles, added in last same title sold in country, added to condition amply justify my price. I order parts each week, I know exactly how much to restore a machine. I'm meticulous, I don't go low budget so this is inevitably reflected in my price. You cann't understand if you never bought and restored a pinball with a lot of new parts...

I did not know there were territories for sale on the internet??? The police should arrive soon at me, lately I sold pinball in europe, australia and usa??? Probably all fools who pay high transport costs for my pinball ... If they read you probably also have their idea about you ...

My ad it's an offer here in my country, i'm canadian!!! You are interest pm me if not pass to the next ad it's simple???

Thanks all everybody for the given visibility!!! ;)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Ok, so I just got back from having our 3rd (and final) baby... and I see this little gem of a FS post. :) Fair enough, and to be honest I'm in too much of a good mood to ruin it.

First off, Dan.. you're an asshole. :D (kidding of course, you know I love ya but you're shit disturber!)

Second.. PBRev is here as a community, to police itself. Which is why I had NO problems over the last month to let things just happen... I knew we could all handle it, we're all adults.

Listen, I've been in the game for a while, but I'm not as long in the tooth as most. When I got into the hobby in 2006, CV's were $3k (which was "absurd" btw) and Starburst was clearing out NASCAR's NIB for $3500 all in! (which they got in big trouble for --- another story for another time).

Point is.. the market changes, the times change.. hell even the demographics change. Point is, this place is a safe haven for anyone in Canada who wants to learn more about their hobby.

That said, I don't mind if people discuss prices of games, all I ask is that you do it in a separate thread from the classified ads. Ok?

Buyers.. keep in mind, most prices are "OR BEST OFFER" and we're ALL here to answer any questions you may have.

Sellers.. keep in mind, you're posting on a COLLECTOR FORUM. We're not stupid.

That's all.

Peace!

- B

boardwalk

Oct 29, 2014
Orangeville
Ok, so I just got back from having our 3rd (and final) baby... and I see this little gem of a FS post. :) Fair enough, and to be honest I'm in too much of a good mood to ruin it.

First off, Dan.. you're an asshole. :D (kidding of course, you know I love ya but you're shit disturber!)

Second.. PBRev is here as a community, to police itself. Which is why I had NO problems over the last month to let things just happen... I knew we could all handle it, we're all adults.

Listen, I've been in the game for a while, but I'm not as long in the tooth as most. When I got into the hobby in 2006, CV's were $3k (which was "absurd" btw) and Starburst was clearing out NASCAR's NIB for $3500 all in! (which they got in big trouble for --- another story for another time).

Point is.. the market changes, the times change.. hell even the demographics change. Point is, this place is a safe haven for anyone in Canada who wants to learn more about their hobby.

That said, I don't mind if people discuss prices of games, all I ask is that you do it in a separate thread from the classified ads. Ok?

Buyers.. keep in mind, most prices are "OR BEST OFFER" and we're ALL here to answer any questions you may have.

That's all.

Peace!

- B
Congrats on your 3rd and final baby.......I know what you mean by that wording. No one should complain about the pricing of any of the machines offered on here. I have been buying and selling games since 1976. If a game is in demand it will bear what the market is prepared to pay. If the price is high it simply might not sell. I have paid over and above what a game is worth many times for a machine that I have hunted down for many years. I didn't have to, but I also didn't want to wait for one more reasonably priced........besides when a machine is priced at what we call the right price, there are many more prospective buyers that get there first and we lose out of the opportunity to own that specific game.

I agree with it. But try to make an offer to suppliers? Impossible!!! Their prices reflecting in mine ... You have to buy it to find out. You buy a part, here in our country cost very close double and over from europa. Exactly, i'm a collector, i know that!

In addition, the present exchange rate don't help, 2013 is passed guys and probably you dead before the parity come back. Now all limited edition cost 13000$ sometimes for very questionable titles... I repeat, i'm collector too since several years and i know all rock band pinball increase in value i know a little exception exist. Keep this in mind and i hope somebody read my trade in the next year.

Don't forget, the market is also dictated by the parts suppliers, manufacturers, sometime by rock band fan :) and you. You don't like a price you don't buy it's simple. But, in all hobby, more you wait before to buy a rarety much more you need to put a money in the future. It's also the same in real estate ...

Probably the best example for those who don't understand my price. I don't know one buy a house, restaure it and resell for less than the purchase price or his cost??? It's logic!!! Always the time is losed but compensated by the pleasure of having enjoyed.

Sorry, it's not me who controls the market. I'm just a meticulous collector who also has to deal with the market. One day i'm a seller another day i'm a buyer. When i'm buyer no body make to me a gift. Life it's life!

I'm pretty sure you can confidently kiss the thought of any gifts coming your way on a pinball purchase around here goodbye.

You left out shameless profiteer in your self summary.

I think you don't understand, it's already like that... I lose nothing with my words here, you have a machine for sale, you will make less than your cost and/or sell under market and/or you'll get the worst deal? The answer is no!!!

Most times, my asking price here in Canada, already have it outside the country. I offer here first for an easier transaction, do not forget it? Last month, i sold a vintage bally fully restaured 3000$ in the machine a Canadian who lives in New york. I asked cheaper here in country on all forums... I sold outside for more, but my pinball not just a waxed machine with new rubber and ball you know? It's my reality...

There's always a second side to the coin. I'm a person who pays very well for pinball condition versus price. Those who know me know that. So, may be that you will miss a great buyer, don't forget it...

Lucky, I don't have the same feedback in private because i'm really discouraged by the narrow vision of some pinballer.

Insult me, love me or not does not change the fact that everything we buy increases. Sorry farting your bubble and welcome in capitalism system.

All this controversy without seeing the pinball,. It's the case of say, you don't know what you speak. For me, the positive you help me to increase my english. Thanks it's appreciated. Truly!

I can discuss anytime if all make in the respect. But i repeat, you don't like my price pass to another ad.

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
Lots of people on maaca ragged on me for posting my MM for $15k.
Bottom line is you can ask whatever you want for your item. Pinball, car, house. If someone wants it, they will buy it. If not, you can keep it like I did with MM (not for sale) or re-adjust your pricing. Like it or not, the pricing police do not dictate market price on any items. The market does. You are entitles to get whatever you like for your item. Just because you bought a house for $500k does not mean in this market you need to sell it for that if the market is willing to pay $1,000,000. If you can't afford it now, you should have bought it when you could have...

Reactions: boardwalk

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
I'm pretty sure you can confidently kiss the thought of any gifts coming your way on a pinball purchase around here goodbye.
Yeah he's going to really regret it......it'll be sad sorry day when all ten guys that post on PBR everyday don't send him pinball mojo... :)

I couldn't resist...... People, I'm sure he doesn't care!!!

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yeah he's going to really regret it......it'll be sad sorry day when all ten guys that post on PBR everyday don't send him pinball mojo... :)

Hey I take offense to that.

Don't forget the other 10 guys that only post on here when they WTB a machine and the other 200 or so that lurk until a reasonable FS post is made and then jump as fast as they can to post.

That's a lot of potentially lost mojo

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Dude! When I bought your LAH you gave me all kinds of gifts! Free beer too! Remember?

Thanks again for all that BTW my fellow bumhugger! ;-)

Discouraged by the narrow vision of some pinballer?

Really? Care to expand on that?

All is in my message here. You live, you work, you pay bills and each year the bills is higher...

I can make an exercice with you and reply me with the total amont here with exchange rate, tax, shipping and all fees.

Look from supplier and checkout. Add the pinball purchase cost + a lot of mods and new parts. And don't forget the market and rarity and other...

1- coin door , legs, siderail, lockbar, shooter + plate all chromed

2- colordmd

3- invisibleglass

With this 3 checkout you can buy a great DMD title. You don't like my price on my side i don't like the suppliers price.

When you buy parts , do you don't like the price, you write that their prices are not correct ??? They will laugh at you and will answer you will buy elsewhere if it does not please ...

My prices aren't invented, they leave in part of there ...

I can understand that you don't understand if you have never done this. Please and in every respect, don't judge if you don't have the knowledge. Now, you can undertand my words: Discouraged by the narrow vision of some pinballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.