• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Zizzle Pinball

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
I have been thinking about a POTC or Marvel Zizzle machine for the kids. I have heard very polarizing reviews of these, seems people either love them or are completely disappointed. Anyone have any opinions to share or a machine they may part with for a reasonable price?

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
MY 8 and 5 year old have no problem playing full sized games, I do not know much about this zizzle thing, but in my opinion, stick with the main brands so you can find parts, and have an easier time selling it when they get bored of it.

My kids have no problem playing any of my pins, they love the slowness of the EM pins, and they love the amount of action from Stargate .... They do not really like Tron as much, but I usually hog it.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
For the money of a Zizzle, you might as well get a decent EM. EMs come up often enough sub-$300 and I think that would have better play.

If you are looking to buy for the kids (and yourself ;-), go for broke :) Buy a game you like with a theme they like. Win-win :)

That's why I got the Godzilla ;-) And after that I got a Golden Eye for the Bond fan.

Cheers,
Duane

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Colin,

Skip the Zizzle. I had the same thoughts years ago when my son was little and picked one up cheap. What others have said is bang on... The Zizzle won't get much play after the initial "WoW" factor because let's be honest here... Who's gonna want to play a Zizzle when they have real thing in the house?

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've never played a Zizzle before but seen enough of them to know not to bother unless you can get it for say $50? It could provide a few hours of fun till something breaks and good luck getting replacement parts for it. A pinsider recently picked one up on the cheap and tried to swap in regular flipper rubbers but no dice.

259559-i.jpg

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will skip it unless one falls in my lap. Anyone know where I can get a nice TAF or TZ for the price of a Zizzle? :lol:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I actually picked one up for my 2 year old, but that's mostly because I wanted to be able to set something up for him to play that he didn't need a stool for, and that was easier to reach the buttons on. I actually took it off the stock legs and just have it on a box at the moment since it's still about 9" too tall for him on those (I'm actually looking at what I can mod to make shorter legs without just cutting the stock ones off or spending too much on it). Only major issue with the game so far is that the trough/ball launch gets jammed up every so often. You can fix it by banging on the side, and it's actually funny to see Calvin doing the same thing (even when he doesn't know when/why you'd need to do it). It's actually not a bad little game for the money-nothing close to the real thing, but more substantial than some of the other "toy" games out there. Once the kids get bored of it, I'm sure I can find it a new home.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
I recently bought one NIB for a price I couldn't refuse, but TBH I'm not sure if I'll bother with it. If I end up passing on it I'll let everyone know -- and of course, sell it for what I paid. :p

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
REVOLUTION said:
I recently bought one NIB for a price I couldn't refuse, but TBH I'm not sure if I'll bother with it. If I end up passing on it I'll let everyone know -- and of course, sell it for what I paid. :p

BTW which title did you get? POTC or Marvel?

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
dipstick jimmy said:
REVOLUTION said:

BTW which title did you get? POTC or Marvel?

It's potc. I got it for $200 so that's what I'd let it go for. :)

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
Responded to the kijiji ad but at $400 I think he is asking too much. twice what Revolution just paid for a NIB.

Revolution I would gladly pay $200 for yours if/when you choose to let it go.