• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WoZ and Hobbit Updates

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
frolic said:
The LCD really had no effect on my game, I'm staring at the playfield. I do think dmd is ready to be replaced with something, but I don't know how fundamentally the game play will change with LCDs.

I've been saying this all along as well. I don't need a giant TV in the background. I understand it's real purpose is to draw in a crowd, but I honestly think the ColorDMD is the way to go. It mixes new technology (it's also an LCD screen) with a retro look, which is really what Pinball has been for ages. Stern MUST exclusively license that product..

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Looks like another update from JJP.
This time with a lower CAD view of the Hobbit.

Not much to see here yet, although the slings appear to have a moving axe toy on them. Kinda fun ;)

Left outlane kickback as well.

Attachments

• Hobbit+PF.jpg
    Hobbit+PF.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 228

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Vengeance said:
Man JJP loves to make those outlanes drain whores. That left outlane/inlane is angled to send the ball out.

Could be, but it would depend on where the post that splits the two in-lanes is located. If it's high up, then I would agree. If it's in line or lower than the post between the outlane and in-lane not so much...

D

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
This video is WOZ with latest software is starting to look really good:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ikFDD6gbho[/youtube]

It's a shame the software wasn't ready earlier... if the prototypes rolled out with something closer to this, I think the first impressions would have been quite different.

I'm looking forward to trying it again at a home collector's machine.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Thanks for posting frolic and fixed your youtube link for ya. In the future if you want to embed a video into your post right click on the video and select "Copy Video URL" and then paste that URL between the YouTube tags. When you copy and paste what is in the address bar doesn't work most of the time.