• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WoZ and Hobbit Updates

matthewra

Dec 27, 2012
Toronto, Canada
kleinosky.com
from JJP:
Greetings Pinball Fans,

Good News is that we now have received the first batch of production board sets. Better news is that we are completing full production games now with all production parts and we will be shipping games after our burn-in testing cycle. Next week we will have more sets of boards....more games and that's the same for many weeks after.

JJP Distributor, Abel Electronics will be at "Pinball at the Zoo" this weekend in Kalamazoo, Michigan with a WOZ. The game will have the latest code update. For more info, visit - http://www.pinballatthezoo.com/

Our Team has started The Hobbit LE and the game is on track for 2014. We already know that it will have multiple metal ramps, multiple flippers, feature "That Dragon" and be a fast paced game. It's already easier since Joe + Co. can focus on game elements and not drawing thousands of parts that need to be tooled for the first time.

Jeff Busch is drawing the Hobbit LE artwork and the game will incorporate all three movies and we will be able to show some playfield details soon.

We are happy to announce that "Two Steps from Hell" will produce the music for The Hobbit Pinball Machine. Two Steps From Hell,was founded in 2006 by composers Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen. Two Steps can be heard worldwide in the ad campaigns for blockbusters such as "Oz The Great And Powerful", "Harry Potter", Dark Knight", "The Hobbit", "Wolverine", "Skyfall", "Lord of the Rings", "spiderman", "Bourne Identity", "Indiana Jones 4" and "Lincoln".

Two Steps From Hell is at the forefront of a new "Epic" music genre and have almost a billion views on YouTube and have 3 top selling albums on iTunes. The first album "Invincible" is about to become a certified Gold record. Their music can also be heard featured in television shows such as "America's Got Talent", "X-Factor" and "The Super Bowl 2013". Nick and Thomas have also worked with Hans Zimmer on two films, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Two Steps From Hell will wrap up the E3 convention this summer with a concert at Walt Disney Concert Hall on June 14. This is their premiere concert and features 130 musicians from around the world.

http://www.twostepsfromhell.com/

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
JJP posted this pic of the WOZ coin door on their FB page... exciting times :lol:

8672805010_36a97d977f_z.jpg

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I wish anything but WOZ was the first theme. I wonder how many sales that cost them? It is just a non-starter.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
frolic said:
I wish anything but WOZ was the first theme. I wonder how many sales that cost them? It is just a non-starter.

I don't love the theme but they sold the 1,000 LE's so it didn't cost them anything there ... how many more reg(s) that depends on how well it plays as they will keep making those ... CV was a dog on the sales front now it's a A title .. I can't think of a single theme that would either make me buy or not make me buy a machine, there are some I'd prefer but if the game play sucks what does the theme matter ... and if the game play is great people will get over the theme.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I can only speak for myself, but I will never own a pin that plays "off to see the wizard" over and over again. So, that's one sale lost.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
frolic said:

Couldn't agree more... I can't STAND the Wizard of Oz, so this theme does nothing for me.

That said, I remained unbiased while trying it out at Starburst.. and yes, I know the software isn't complete. But basing my opinion solely on the shot layout, I can say with confidence that I *do not* like this game.

Build quality is great and the lightshow is amazing, I'll give them that much.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Exclusive: Jersey Jack Pinball - Wizard of Oz Video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3T2T-esNMe4[/youtube]

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I may buy one for two reasons. If I ever host TOPL playoffs this game may be so hated by people due to its theme I will have an advantage. I will strategically place it between 2 beloved games so the peripheral vision will distract them and they will want the horrible experience to end quickly.

Plus the wife likes the theme and in order to stay in stage 5 (see other thread) without hassle this will help.

The machine was noticeably absent from Pinburg...any one actually played one recently with the latest updates?

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
nics135 said:
I may buy one for two reasons. If I ever host TOPL playoffs this game may be so hated by people due to its theme I will have an advantage. I will strategically place it between 2 beloved games so the peripheral vision will distract them and they will want the horrible experience to end quickly.

Plus the wife likes the theme and in order to stay in stage 5 (see other thread) without hassle this will help.

The machine was noticeably absent from Pinburg...any one actually played one recently with the latest updates?

There's five being bought by TOPL members (it might be 6 or 7 but there are five that I know of)

It wasn't at PAPA last year either ... but it has been at pretty much any major pinball show (there are no vendors at any of the pinburgh/papa events)

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Congrats, Sunfox, I've been watching you fight the good fight on pinside forever. Now your day is coming :).

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I'm not getting one, but definitley happy for all those faithful that stuck it out.
Hopefully someone I know will be gtting one I can play regularly ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
SquidVicious said:
I'm one and there are others .. I'll let them speak for themselves if they wish

My friend Elliot was getting one until he lost patience, cracked and bought a new in box XM Pro, then a Tommy and now a Metallica LE. I know Shaun aka mrxsiv is getting one so looking forward to playing this when I go visit him.