• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND World Poker Tour FOUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Of course you are looking for a WPT Jimmy, I have yet to meet someone who has owned one and not wanted one back. Even Vengeance has said to me that he will get one again someday.

I have a HUO WPT and would not let go for less than 4k. Adam is right when he says the rules are great and the theme sucks. Talking with Keith Johnson who did the code and Bowen Kerins in Chicago at expo both said this game is deeper than LOTR and you will never finish it. The theme is the only thing that keep this from being a 5-6k game. The game has 6 different multiballs which are stackable if started correctly and has sooo many different ways to play risk/reward. I have always loved this game and I hate poker (don't even know how to play it!). This is the only pin in my collection where I find out about some new scoring strategy every game that I never knew about before. Anyone who doesn't have one and appreciates deep rules will love this game!

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I stand by my statement that when these two titles are compared as a whole package, Xmen checks off more boxes than WPT. That isn't to say it's the better game, it's just a more attractive package on the whole to most collectors IMO. And it is generally the entire package that sets the value for these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
I like Poker so the theme works for me but the one I had was under $3k and that is where the game should be IMO, $3k if in perfect condition. The gameplay is pretty cool and the left ramp scoop allows for smooth and fast shots. The mini PF is better than most others I have seen although that is limited. Over all I like it but part of that is that it was a good game for the price I paid which was sub $3k

ShootAgain

Aug 6, 2013
Gatineau
but the one I had was under $3k and that is where the game should be IMO, $3k if in perfect condition.

I agree that $3k for a nice HUO in perfect condition is where the game should be (in my dream)...and $4k is on the crazy steep side...but...with the pinflation and all the factors mentionned in this thread...what should be the top price?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
The only thing holding back WPT is Theme, if WPT was themed XMen and the rules were kept exactly the same, it would be on par with TSPP, LOTR, and ACDC.

Ok, wait.

AC/DC is great and all, but isn't it like all the others you described where you hit x shot x number of times? I love the game, dont get me wrong, but its all the same.

TSPP and LOTR for most are wood choppers. Great themes, great games, incredibly deep. Its the depth that turns a lot of people off. As much as I like to have a great marathon game here and there, Id also like a short mediocre game to be fun and enjoyable. I find the grind on TSPP to be just too much work.

Just my opinion, but we arent all in it for the competition side of things.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Ok, wait.

AC/DC is great and all, but isn't it like all the others you described where you hit x shot x number of times? I love the game, dont get me wrong, but its all the same.

TSPP and LOTR for most are wood choppers. Great themes, great games, incredibly deep. Its the depth that turns a lot of people off. As much as I like to have a great marathon game here and there, Id also like a short mediocre game to be fun and enjoyable. I find the grind on TSPP to be just too much work.

Just my opinion, but we arent all in it for the competition side of things.

AC/DC is the prime example of the least repetitive game play in all of pinball, you can't just pick x shot, and shoot x shot, x number of times to complete anything in ACDC. It has a constant and dynamic strategy that changes moment to moment depending on what you have done to lead up to that point, without one singular over powered strategy that everyone does.

It's fluid, it's dynamic, and it keeps you playing, and always has something else to do, or some other risk to accomplish.

TSPP and LOTR can be long playing games if you don't have them setup properly. Come try out my LOTR, and let me know how much wood chopping you do. Also again both LOTR and TSPP offer dynamic strategies that can change moment to moment with a ton of variety.

This is the same thing that WPT offers, your never at a point where a ball is on a flipper and you don't have a variety of choices to make.

Xmen lacks all of that. The strategy is linear. Light a villain, play a villain, and knock down as many hero's as you can while that villain is running. then stack a villain with you MB. There isn't any real incentive to even complete a hero or villain since the only reward is that in the wizard mode and adding a bit of value to your magneto MB, but not much more then just starting the same hero. TSPP, LOTR and even ACDC to a lesser extent add value .

TSPP has victory laps for every mode you complete, plus extra time for your alien invasion.
LOTR has gifts from the elves
ACDC has the least reward in that for every song you complete it makes the value of song shots worth more, but the strategy comes from the fact that once you are done with a song you can't pick it again, so when you use a song and how is important.

If you are just batting a ball around, then really theme is all that matters, it's what I find most people do anyway, so I get why some people like Xmen cause to them, they don't see the strategic choices laid out in front of them in the much more in depth games.

LOTR, TSPP, are perfect examples of games where players can just bat the ball around and enjoy, and then when your ready get into the real strategy, it's there. ACDC, WPT not so much, you can bat the ball around, but unless you understand the depth of what you are trying to accomplish, your are not going to understand it.

Xmen is a game where after you are done batting the ball there isn't anything else.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Ok, Adam's breakdown has given me a whole new appreciation for the three games he just talked about and thinking about it explains a few things I've wondered about on TSPP and LOTR.

Thanks!
D

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I agree a lot with what Adam has said. I just think majority of the home players will never get far enough to pass that "chopping wood" phase.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I agree a lot with what Adam has said. I just think majority of the home players will never get far enough to pass that "chopping wood" phase.

Yea but if the choice is a game you can grow into, that keeps you challenged and playing, or a game that meets your immediate skill level, and nothing else, which seems like the better choice?

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Bought ACDC pro from Adam. Love it. Will never leave either my place or Brewmanager's basement.
Bought LOTR and love it. Will fold it and take a rest from it, but not selling it anytime soon either.
Brewmanager has monkeybug's HUO TSPP in his basement now, and it is certainly growing on me.
Tron has finally re-entered my world and will return to my basement and then Brewmanager's again.

Bought and sold my Xmen-pro twice or 3 times already. I will maybe one day get it back, but I am ok without it.

WPT is a fantastic game. I sold mine (in a trade to Adam) and Jim Wilkes has it now. I miss this game most. So does my daughter.
Jim is holding onto it and it is not for sale. (Good decision) One day, I will find another WPT, but I guess what I am saying is:

Top 6 modern Stern's that I enjoy most...

1) ACDC
2) WPT
3) LOTR
4) Tron
5) Xmen
6) TSPP

That is just me, and each to their own opinion. Buy what you love if you can afford it.
For a reasonably priced WPT to show up, there are a lot of fans for many reasons for sure.

You can't explain why WPT is my 12 year old daughter's favourite game, ever.
She just told me Wed. night, and who knew?...lol...She played it 45 minutes straight once.
That's longer than any game that I have ever played on any one pin ever. (40 min LOTR game)

Good luck with the hunt.
Great pin.

Last edited:
Reactions: spiroagnew

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Yea but if the choice is a game you can grow into, that keeps you challenged and playing, or a game that meets your immediate skill level, and nothing else, which seems like the better choice?
Depends on how long you plan on keeping the game.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
TSPP has victory laps for every mode you complete, plus extra time for your alien invasion.
LOTR has gifts from the elves
ACDC has the least reward in that for every song you complete it makes the value of song shots worth more, but the strategy comes from the fact that once you are done with a song you can't pick it again, so when you use a song and how is important.

You forgot about WPT

WPT gives you more points in the Poker Wizard multiball (the multiball for starting all the modes) for every mode you finish. But even better and more lucrative than that is that for whichever mode you complete if you start that mode a second time then your points are doubled. For instance I stated the change gears mode a second time yesterday and got over 100 million points just from that mode alone! Finish it a 2nd time and your points are tripled!!!!

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
That's not bad. I just used SameDay from Manitoba to Toronto for $238. No packing/unpacking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.