• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ToPL Jun 17 2013

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I was not having a good night last night, as evidence by my outbursts :p

I always play like shit when I get back from a tournament, as I'm usually wiped from competing intensely for 2 days or so that I'm just not physically ready to compete again.

Nice to meet you yesterday Todd, sorry I wasn't in a better mood to chat :mrgreen:

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Good to meet y'all !
I'm glad I didn't let my play effect my mood or I wouldn't have made many friends!
Turned out I was last in my group (big surprise) but I didn't mind. Seeing Dans collection and meeting a few of you guys was a blast for me!
Plus I got to beat a few guys that already own a TZ on their own game! Can't wait for mine. Hope it's even half as nice as Bally Boy Dan's!
Absolutely some of the nicest games I've ever seen!

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Lots of fun last night! I was in a 4-some with frolic, luch, and Big Mike (dont know his handle). Got my ass handed to me on Silverball Mania and Creech for league games. Frolic was the big winner in our group! Dan's collection is incredible. Finally got to try cactus canyon continued and ACDC Premium which was a blast. The tributes to TAF and MM on CCC were hilarious.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Funny, I really didn't like CCC and much prefer the way it plays originally over the Proc.

For as incomplete as CC is, what is in there is very fun to play and unique enough that I enjoy playing it.

I found that CCC nothing was "right" so I personally prefer the original.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Vengeance said:
Funny, I really didn't like CCC and much prefer the way it plays originally over the Proc.

For as incomplete as CC is, what is in there is very fun to play and unique enough that I enjoy playing it.

How could nothing be "right" when all of the original gameplay is included?

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Animations are different, sound was different, the display looked like crap compared to that of the regular DMD.

When watching the animations there was a slowness to them you don't see one a regular machine.

Proc kept crashing

During my game switches stopped registering

I was seeing DMD animations that would fracture into one another.

I only played the one game, but what I saw of Proc I didn't like.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
OK, good, it wasn't just me that thought the DMD on CCC looked strange. Still, there's some neat stuff in there, and it's a fun change from the original. The "tribute" modes are a fun idea-I like the way they use the "bad guy" targets as "trolls" for the MM tribute.

Great TOPL night as usual-Dan's collection is amazing, if a little blinding from all the LEDs :)

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Gotta admit Iiked the original CC but I'm totally into the upgrade (at least to me) of CCC .. lots of new modes ... drunken multiball .. cowboys and aliens .. really gave some depth to the game but I guess it ain't for everybody

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I didn't play CCC last night, but I'm bummed to hear the technology itself was an issue. I hope that isn't an indicator of what's to come from other p-roc projects.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Vengeance said:

Interesting so it sounded like it was more "technical" issues and wondering what Adriano will have to contribute to this because I know he has played his CCC quite a bit in his little work area. His CC hasn't been shopped since picking up from Gerry and only fixed a few things just to get it playing properly. I know Dan's is pretty meticulous with his games cosmetically and mechanically so surprised to hear of switches not registering and P-ROC crashing.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
mwong168 said:
Vengeance said:

Interesting so it sounded like it was more "technical" issues and wondering what Adriano will have to contribute to this because I know he has played his CCC quite a bit in his little work area. His CC hasn't been shopped since picking up from Gerry and only fixed a few things just to get it playing properly. I know Dan's is pretty meticulous with his games cosmetically and mechanically so surprised to hear of switches not registering and P-ROC crashing.

I think the switches wern't registering because of Proc, once the game was rebooted it started working fine.