• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tilt Toronto

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
this wasn't really spread around very well , most people I spoke to never knew this was happening tonight , if I had of know I would of gone

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
this wasn't really spread around very well , most people I spoke to never knew this was happening tonight , if I had of know I would of gone

Maybe they just didnt tell you Mike ;)

Just kidding of course. I heard about it a couple of days ago. I don't think a lot of PR was done.

Looks badass though!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
When I saw the address, I wondered for a second if they took over the space that used to be the Brunswick House, since I'd heard that closed down. Not the same place (but close by). Sounds like a cool location though-assuming they're open to the idea, we'll probably do a TOPL night there next year. Sounds like more space and food options than Cabin Fever.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Maybe they just didnt tell you Mike ;)

Just kidding of course. I heard about it a couple of days ago. I don't think a lot of PR was done.

Looks badass though!
I wouldn't tell me either ! lol . As Groucho Marx said " I don't want to join any club that would have me as a member !"

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
AC/DC, Kiss, Tron, Apollo 13, JudgeDredd, Taxi, Whirlwind, Genesis, Bobby Orr Power Play, Old Chicago, Star Wars Ep.1, Pennant Fever, Ice Cold Beer. Bunch of vids.

D

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Menace, thanks for the list.
Do you know if this is an all ages venue suitable to bring kids?
Cheers,
Jeff

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
First time at Tilt yesterday early evening, 824 Dundas. Nice lineup of games, Ghost Busters, TZ, AF, Tron, MMR, Metalica, and a few other Pins, very reasonable cover, only $5 and all games set to freeplay. As can be expected very loud so you don't hear the game. What I did find sad was that the games were not clean. Lots of ball trails on the playfields, were extremely dull, in desperate need of good cleaning and waxing. For the most part things worked well, except the ghost of BG was not working at all and one of the trolls on MMR did not pop up. Just surprised that with that kind of investment in games that they would not be kept in better condition. I would be concerned that eventually these games will see playfield wear. In any case my wife and I enjoyed a few hours of Pinball and glad to see an establishment were pinball is an option.

Quatermass

May 2, 2018
Toronto
I enjoy Tilt, but I’d say it’s more for the casual gamer. I go there because they have a good lineup, but the machines definitely aren’t well maintained. Cabin Fever on the other hand is for true pinheads. Robyn does a great job of regularly cleaning/waxing the playfields, and is an enthusiast herself. For someone like me who can’t afford their own machine it’s a home away from home. Can’t recommend that place enough!

Reactions: Pinballer

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, I would second the above. Our previous visit to Tilt was at the newer Dundas location and the pins were in noticeably worse condition. A number of the games had bulbs out, weak flippers, dirty pfs, etc.
A real shame as the games were in better shape before they moved from the Annex location. Regardless, the cost of admission ($5) is a great deal.

Cabin Fever definitely takes better care of their pins and I prefer the smaller more personal layout of the bar. Robyn was also very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinballer