• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Well, not really pinball, but my pins did get a serious workout, so...

Family Christmas gathering at 4 pm today. You could imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang just after 3...hadnt showered and shaved yet...turns out I'd invited everyone for 3.

Oops. :oops:

Anyone got a doghouse I can borrow?

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
brewmanager said:
Well, not really pinball, but my pins did get a serious workout, so...

Family Christmas gathering at 4 pm today. You could imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang just after 3...hadnt showered and shaved yet...turns out I'd invited everyone for 3.

Oops. :oops:

Anyone got a doghouse I can borrow?

You're welcome to use my couch. :lol:

Yesterday I finally put together the High Speed project I bought last year and powered it up for the first time. Need some displays for it and the background sound board and beacon aren't working to start my repair list. I hopefully repaired the background sound board today, it looks like just the eprom was dead, I'll get to test it tomorrow. Sadly the beacon motor is totally cooked, so I will need to order a new one.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I found some old knight toys I had lying around and built a couple of jousting night figures for MM.
Clearing the clutter ;)

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Finally got the background sound board working on High Speed after discovering that the problem was both the ram and the eprom and not the eprom and DAC chip like I thought it was. Ooops. :oops:

Repaired the non working flash lamps behind the ramp, so now all the flashers and solenoids are working except the police light. Its a long way from being all back together, but I'm enjoying finally being able to tinker.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I finally got the warehouse in order more to my liking. 10 vids on the upstairs mez are set up. Time to align everything next.
There is room for 12 to 14 pins on the main floor setup with lots of room to move and play. 8 are set up and 5 are in place
to assemble. 1 more to add into the warehouse tomorrow. A couple more weeks and I should have everything setup, tweaked,
placed and ready to go for mid-January. Woo-hoo! Whew.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Went out to a clients after work to finish up a repair on his High Speed, another successful repair and another happy customer.

Then I spent some more time once I got home working on yet another clients game, this one is proving to be a little more difficult, but I refuse to throw in the towel!

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I finally sorted out the swicth matrix issues I was having on my recently restored White Water.
Looks like someone wired this switch from the Disaster Drop the wrong way and it was buried way back under a ton of ramps and mountains.

I'm also missing the one-way gate from the ball trough so balls kept bouncing back. While I'm waiting for a new part from Marcos, I just MacGyvered one out of wire.

WH2O is finally up and running after a very long 8 month restore!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
REVOLUTION said:
Looks AWESOME, Adriano.. so when can I come and play it? :D

I'll be moving it out of the shop and into my office in the next day or two (gotta make space for CC).
Once both are set up you should definitley swing by and try them out.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Aerostarz said:
The LEDs look great! nice work. :)

Don't forget to bring these. Just kidding Adriano and sure it looks better in person than what the picture shows with the seizure inducing blue leds. :lol:

31DBVR4aqvL.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Pictures always seem to exaggerate lighting (LED or otherwise).
I think it's tastefully done with lower powered LEDs in most places... and white water doesn't sppear to have those seizure inducing strobe effects that most JPOP games have :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
A soundly sleeping baby and a wife who wanted to read forced me into the basement to kick the tires on my new Funhouse. With the sale, Walt included unopened Cliffy products and a few other uninstalled mods. Time was on my side, and quiet nights don't come often, so I dove in and installed the Cliffy ramp protectors. The centre ramp that leads to the habitrail was in desperate need of a fix...as the tape that held it together just wasn't cutting it ;) The install guide on passionforpinball.com made the Cliffy install task incredibly easy, as the instructions were detailed and easy to follow from start to finish. The pinball god's must have been looking out for me this evening...the Cliffy install surplussed some hardware, which I was able to use in other places with missing hardware. Funny how that happens. Game plays quite differently now...that centre ramp shot is so much easier to make now that the Cliffys tidied up the path. Kinda hate drilling into original plastic to put those pieces on, but I'm afraid a few more years of errant shots would have busted up that ramp for good...

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Finished up commentary on another video last night with Bowen, now to send it off to Mark at PAPA for him to do his magic and create some more video goodness.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Finally got white water all up and running and took a few shots.
My biggest restoration and 8 months of off and on work.

I'll post a dedicated thread later but here are some of the final pics.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I got to play Drano's WH20 as well as Cactus Canyon and Fish Tales the other day and all were lots of fun. You did an amazing job on your WH20 and it shows. I can't wait to give my WH20 a similar treatment over this winter and hope you can help my playfield shine again ;)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Today, I deliberated a purchase of WH2O. Mike Wong and Drano are bad influences on me. Not in the current plan, so I am solid in a "no' for now on that.
What to keep, what to sell ??? (oh bother!) We will see. Time to go and shop a few pins out to help me decide then I guess in what I can do. Off to tinker.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Put in the new posts on X-Men yesterday, and it seems to help with the air balls. Plus, I think the red post rubbers look better on the Magneto anyway. Thanks Drano for the nuts-turned out I only needed one by the left nightcralwer. Thanks also to whoever engineered those popups with molex connectors at all the disconnect points. Thought they might have cheaped out and wired them in directly, but it made taking them off pretty simple. Just about identical to the gofers on NGG actually.

Also fixed the ringmaster on CV, since it wasn't sitting flush in the bottom position anymore. Got that fixed, but I think I still need to go in and adjust the mid position switch, since I think it's a little too low (balls can get stuck on the lip). Very low tolerance for error there...