• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The OFFICIAL "Hey, I got a new machine" thread

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
BOP. Beautiful condition. Very bold art style.

Yeah... It's a cool machine.
I did my best to clean it up but it was already very well looked after

We'll probably enjoy it at the studio for a few more weeks and then rotate it out.
It's very popular with the guys at work for sure :)

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
God damn, I just bought another two machines. I need to stop.
Sharp Shooter and a gun game called CrackShot, in need of repairs. I got the two in a package deal from the same guy I bought Dirty Harry. He delivers the two for $650, I couldn't turn it down. I have no idea about the problems with the gun game other than it has no power, maybe it is a lawn ornament?
Does anyone recognized the Crackshot, I can't seem to find any online info?
Sharpshooter.JPG $_27 (4).JPG

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on the MMR Kyle and the black looks so much better then the "mustard" gold trim in my opinion.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
About time this game showed up:
20160722_111717 (Medium).jpg

Still working on dialling it in and getting things tweaked. Only issues out of the box were that one of the flipper wires was loose (easy fix) and that the Smaug mouth wasn't moving, and none of the insert LEDs worked. Turns out there's a USB connector under the PF that came loose. Otherwise, this sucker is HEAVY. Worse than STTNG. I think it's staying where it is for a while.

Reactions: FastEd and WARLOCK

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on getting your Hobbit! I got to play it for the first time this past Wednesday when I stopped by SB to grab some parts. How's my old SM to the right holding up there? ;)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Hopefully the Playdium delivery guys didn't set it up for you... had a service call to go and fix a number of little issues that those clowns should have dealt with during setup (ddin't remove foam packing behind PF backboard, SMAUG didn't work at all, button on lockdown bar didn't work etc). Best part was Playdium then told the owner it would be a couple weeks before they could send a tech over, AND he would have to pay them on top! I just about fell over when I heard that.

Amazing what 12K+ DOESN'T get you these days...

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Is the Hobbit working at SB in Toronto again?...
I have been there twice to play it and both times it wasn't working?! .....

It sorta works but the left VUK doesn't appear to be strong enough to kick the ball up. It takes a good 10-20 tries before it finally does and sometimes the machine doesn't even know the ball is in there too.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Hopefully the Playdium delivery guys didn't set it up for you... had a service call to go and fix a number of little issues that those clowns should have dealt with during setup (ddin't remove foam packing behind PF backboard, SMAUG didn't work at all, button on lockdown bar didn't work etc). Best part was Playdium then told the owner it would be a couple weeks before they could send a tech over, AND he would have to pay them on top! I just about fell over when I heard that.

No chance in hell on that-picked it up and set it up myself. There's a great big sign on the glass saying to take off the packing material too...

Looks like that USB connector is a common issue-I can see how that can come loose in shipping. Also, for some reason the flipper coils were amped down in the settings (below the defaults). I started the game at 6.8 or 6.9 degrees, and had a hard time backhanding the ramps, but now it's working much better. They're just makeable at the default strength, so I think I'll leave it as-is for now.