• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Batman 66

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Looks like the next game is going to be a semi-valut edition?
1.jpg

My suspicion is that it'll basically be the BDK layout with something replacing the joker can and seesaw, but with the rest of the stuff in pretty much the same location. The second LCD will probably be a "batcomputer" (maybe in the joker location) that works similar to the way the book LCD in hobbit does, giving you objectives, and being used to show video clips etc.

What's really odd though is that they're not shipping until November, which means that there's only 2 new games from Stern this year? GOT was last fall, then GB...I suppose SMVE was January? I figured we'd still see 3 new games per year from them, with maybe a vault game on the side.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what the game looks like. It is kind of funny how people have come back around on the 66 Batman though-it was completely disavowed for so many years after things like Dark Knight Returns, and the Tim Burton movies, but now it's cool again?

As for what's in the "super LE"? Probably something like a personalized signed backglass or PF, or some other personalized touch in the game.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
You forgot Pabst can crusher as the 3rd Chris.

Yeah, I didn't really count that since it was basically another re-skin. I thought at one point they were saying 3 original titles a year plus vault/re-runs, but that's hardly gospel. I just figured they needed to keep new games coming to keep the line busy, but if Metallica, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and Game of Thrones are all doing well, then I suppose the logic is to just keep at it.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Has anyone been quoted a price yet from Stsburst on the Batman 66 LE? Will be interesting to see if this gets yet another price bump...

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Has anyone been quoted a price yet from Stsburst on the Batman 66 LE? Will be interesting to see if this gets yet another price bump...

With 2 LCD screens, you can bet your ass there will be a sizeable price bump. Hell, Stern increases their pricing when they take STUFF OUT so imagine what you'll see now that they are adding new technology into the game? :rolleyes:

D

Reactions: dnewman

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
So, it used to be only one model... then two with the addition of LE starting with Avatar? Then three models with Pro/Premium/LE. Now we're up to four?!? Pretty soon Stern will add a fifth called Super Premium Smack Your Grandma Upside the Head Limited Edition!

This is getting absolutely rediculous.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
How much you want to bet the new LE is actually just a Premium and the new Super LE will be what the existing LE's are now? I mean the LE has always been the feature rich edition... so what can they possibly add to an LE to make it a Super LE? This is going to be the biggest bait and switch game ever, and the reason? The all-mighty dollar.

D

Reactions: dnewman

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Just wow- at USD $10.5k, we would be looking at about CDN $15.5k (including tax and fx at 1.3).
How many buyers can there really be at $15k CDN? It was bad enough at around US $8,200 ($12k+ CDN) for the recent previous LEs; but this is at an all new level of craziness. Amazingly, Stern is asking for deposits on this and there isn't even any playfield photos yet.
If the 'super LE' is going to be the new LE, this is really a sad development as it's telling us that Stern feel they can really milk this huo 'collectible' market going forward...

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Read the flyer guys.

There will be NO Pro model.
LE and Prem. Same as usual.
30 super LE game will be sold by invitation only.

If the haven't called you asking for a deposit, then your not getting a super LE.

So really there's only 2 models

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
It sounds like this "super LE" is just something they're doing as games for friends or longstanding customers or distributors. Might have made sense to not even advertise that it was happening in retrospect. They do this kind of thing in comics with variants all the time, where a retailer will get 1 copy of a variant for every N copies ordered etc.

Of course, the other thing they could do with them is randomly give them to LE purchasers, Golden Ticket style?