• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

shipping from LA??? FOUND, 1812 has landed!

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Looking to possibly bring in a pin from LA. Tried to find one further away but couldn't.........anybody ever shipped from that region? Suggestions? Usually I prefer to fly down and drive the machine back in a rental, but this is a bit far and I have no excuse to go to LA at the moment!

Thanks Dave

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Sure thing, once it's all complete, I'll give you my feedback. Pricing from LA, picked up on main floor to Lewiston, main floor drop is $493US. Would be cheaper to ship a couple at a time, so if you know anyone who want a nice Bone Busters for $1500US or a Dirty Harry prototype for $3300US I can have it shipped with mine.
All added up with exchange, it is a lot of cash, but I have 2 considerations

1. Class of 1812 is near impossible to find in good condition
2. I am getting my US money at par (that's the clincher!)

Reactions: eh97ac

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Yes, I thought so too. Were talking about 2200 miles white glove service. Now, we will see how the scheduling works, hope I don't have to wait for them to pick up a bunch more stops before they pick up my machine.....
it's being chauffeur driven in a limousine , with the driver wearing white gloves !

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
it's being chauffeur driven in a limousine , with the driver wearing white gloves !

Yes, that's what I'm expecting! On a serious note, all I expect is that it arrives in exactly the same condition that it left in.....but when I open the coin door, if I get a whif of 'grey poupon', I'll know they really showed it some love! So much for the serious note.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: luch and brad808

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Ya, I thought so too. I talked to them today and was told they don't know when it will arrive, but ETA is currently the 27th...? I guess they will be waiting to bundle it with other things heading this way.
That doesn't sound very white glove to me.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Ya, so far communication is not their strongest point, but assuming you did this on the regular, it w0uldn't be an issue. I've asked a few times how they want to be paid with no response....maybe it's free !!!