• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

shipping from LA??? FOUND, 1812 has landed!

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Ok, so from LA to Lewiston took 3 weeks. They picked up the unit on the 12th I believe and it meandered its way here slowly, finally arriving in New Jersey on Thursday of last week. It sat for the weekend and then I received a call on Monday to schedule a Tuesday delivery. My delivery window was between 10-2pm, which sucked a bit since I had to go pick it up (and essentially wait for it to arrive). If it was coming to my house, I would have just taken the day off. Anyway, it arrived unscathed, packed well with movers blankets and shrink wrap. Legs were still on, so we had to remove those to load it into the SUV, but that was no problem.
All in all, the transaction was simple, COD and everything went as planned. Communication from STI was a bit skimp, but I was pleased with the result. I believe if you want this done faster, it just takes more money, of course! I would totally use them again bottom line.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I still dont understand the whole 'legs on' moving process. Not only does it seem more risky, but it takes more room in a truck too.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
I still dont understand the whole 'legs on' moving process. Not only does it seem more risky, but it takes more room in a truck too.
Ya, I guess depending on where it's going. Their thought process is that they just have to 'walk' it onto the truck and 'walk' it off. Would make sense if it was going into place immediately. But again, only ground floor so chances are they've gotta come off.