• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball playing/funding suddenly halted

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
This guy has become prime money/time killer.

Brought him home last weekend.

2lxtb8p.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I'm a sucker for a puppy. My dog sits right at my feet when I play pinball. That way I get the best of both worlds ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 4

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Very cute. I have a 65 lb (or so :) Black Lab mix. I figure he is about 75% Lab. His Dad was pure and Mom, although she looked pure, was lab/collie mix. Love Labs. Don't think I would want another breed. Very gentle and easy to tame. Smart, too. Sometimes a little too smart for their own good. They will find a way to get at food LOL!

Cheers,
Duane

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I grew up with Bernese Mountain Dogs (had 3). This is a mix of Golden Retriever and Labrador, Im hoping this guy gets up to 70-80 lb range.

His name is Jammer, and the pic was taken the day he turned 8 weeks (last saturday). Will update pics eventually.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on the puppy and I have a chocolate lab myself. I really wish they would stay that small and still have their over sized paws forever. They are a very smart and friendly dog breed. If someone ever broke into my house all they would need is a handful of treats or be prepared to be licked to death :p I remember it was about 5-10lbs as every month went buy when we picked up our dog from the breeders.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
mwong168 said:
Congrats on the puppy and I have a chocolate lab myself. I really wish they would stay that small and still have their over sized paws forever. They are a very smart and friendly dog breed. If someone ever broke into my house all they would need is a handful of treats or be prepared to be licked to death :p I remember it was about 5-10lbs as every month went buy when we picked up our dog from the breeders.
This guy has been home since Saturday (so tomorrow marks his first whole week). He has already gained a couple pounds and has gotten noticeably longer in the torso. I hope he gets big and starts to learn his role here quickly.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
You using a crate to train Jammer? If this is your first dog the key here is to get him on a regular schedule to avoid any accidents inside the house and the crate really worked well for me. I was also fortunate enough that my job at the time permit me to bring Isabelle with me every day to work and I had a crate there as well and would take her out during the day at fixed times.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Pen training, no crates.

Hes fairly scheduled, but still young. We [family] had 3 Bernese Mountain Dogs as I grew up, so this isnt ALL new, just new that its 100% me and my wife, no one else.

Im lucky in the sense Im still home without work, but that will change soon and thats when I hope Jammer can last the day.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The crate was what was recommended to me by the breeder. It was fine after a few weeks where I was able to leave the crate door open and Isabelle would know to just go in there and come out if engaged. After she was toilet trained the crate served more like her bed and door was always open till she learned to jump up on our bed or sofas over night. She was pretty clever when she was a puppy and use to jump up and lie down real low immediately hoping to not have woken us up. I also like how she inches her way to the dinner table while we are eating too.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
This is Duke. My 150 lb Dane.
He's still using his "pen". 4x8x6. It's his den. He likes his own space and we still put him inside for the day and he's almost 2 yrs old

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371830506.524256.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371830506.524256.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 583

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
tkaye said:
This is Duke. My 150 lb Dane.
He's still using his "pen". 4x8x6. It's his den. He likes his own space and we still put him inside for the day and he's almost 2 yrs old

I have a 155 lbs 2 year old all black dane with cropped ears. BEST BREED EVER!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I love great danes and there is one in my neighborhood in this color which I think is absolutely gorgeous!

GD1.jpg

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
We looked at Danes, and Bernese, ended up with Jammer, as it just felt right when we met him.

I dont know if I have the right space for a Dane, and thats why it was never fully pursued.