• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Family Tree

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Once again, I was thinking.

I'm starting to get a decent sized "pinball family tree" underneath me.

So far, I've brought f14 Dave, High Speed Tom (told you you should have chose your own name), Martin from down the street who bought a machine out of my garage while out for a walk, and of course, the granddaddy of then all, Warlock himself.

No one really brought me in, but I have to give credit to Monkeybug, who quickly set me on the right path after my initial purchase.

So - who have you brought in, or do you blame for your addiction?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
My buddy mike bought a T2 ages ago. The second I walked into his basement and the idea of pinball ownership moved from fantasy to reality, I was hooked.

I bought my TAF within a couple of months. Mike sold his T2 a couple of years later and I'm up over 20 games now.

Don't think I've really enabled anyone into their first game though. Must add that to my to-do list.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I blame my mom or my addiction. I grew up inside a roller rink in the 80's as my mom was in a league and I just naturally gravitated towards the pins. (And subsequently hanging out with the DJ). I always told myself that when I had my own place I would get a pinball machine. Fast forward 20 years and I had long forgotten about pinball until I helped my mechanic repair his Medusa, and not long after I bought my Funhouse.

From there I know I've enabled my cousin, as he now owns a BSD, a good friend of mine has since picked up a lw3, and even my own boss... as I've sold him a Fish Tales. :)

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I forgot about my boss ;)
I did enable him into his childhood favorite; captain fantastic.
Now he wants a WOZ.
There; mission accomplished!

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Should probably clarify - both the f14 Dave bought and the Atlantis Martin picked up were Warlocks machines, but they WERE sold out of my garage... :)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have lost count of how many people I have got into this hobby and keep continuing to enable :twisted:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
brewmanager said:
Should probably clarify - both the f14 Dave bought and the Atlantis Martin picked up were Warlocks machines, but they WERE sold out of my garage... :)

Hence my new plan to keep everything out of Walt's garage (and at least a few minutes car ride away in 2013) except for whatever pin we are working on in there at the time. Walt is darn quick to sell pins if there are too many! Or if they are in the road of other pins, look out. Both great sales to good guys. Thanks Walt. Dibs on both. lol

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
mwong168 said:
I have lost count of how many people I have got into this hobby and keep continuing to enable :twisted:

You are either directly or indirectly reponsible for 3 of my pin transactions in 2013. 3 of your pins that came out of your basement in 2012 came to me.

I lost count after April 1 of 2013 of how many pins you helped people get this year so far @ 19 Mike. It would take a team of us to assemble and guess the number now. That is all the stats I know, and like the veterans all say: "We can't remember anymore." Keep enabling. Thanks.

gogogo!

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I blame TOPL...I was all right thinking 3 machines were plenty and was considering an X-=Men when I went to my first TOPL at Adams followed by Nick's very soon after and I realized I had work to do. Latest acquisition Williams Upper Deck last week end which I have wanted since playing the one at Kevin's during TOPL....