• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP Order your parts from Starburst!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Tired of paying ridiculous shipping fees from American pinball companies? Little did you know, you can order your parts through the Starburst Parts Store! Starburst sends regular parts orders to Pinball Resource (http://www.pbresource.com), Marco Specialties (http://www.marcospecialties.com) and Bay Area Amusements (http://www.bayareaamusements.com). They allow us collectors to hop on those orders, so feel free to contact them below. Be sure to provide them with the supplier, part name, part # and price.

I've never dealt with the Montreal guys, but the Toronto guys are AWESOME!

Montréal : 1370 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Qc H4R 1X1
robert(at)starburstcoin.com 514-856-2252 or 888-322-2252

Toronto : 70 Ronson Drive, Mississauga, On M9W 1B6
jalbernaz(at)starburstcoin.com 416-251-2122 or 888-977-4263
dbaird(at)starburstcoin.com

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
I've ordered Marco and PBR through SB... you might pay a bit more on the price from what you see on the US website, but you are not going to get dinked on duty or have to buy a money order, lol. Well worth it for ease.

Daniel

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Luckydogg420 said:
I have used starburst many time. My f-14 tomcat machine loves that place. I've used them for new playfield plastics, pinscore display, led's and more. Their also great for mame supplies.

The Toronto parts department is open on Saturdays, whenever there's an auction sale. If you prefer to pick up your order.

Great guys there. Very helpful to noobies like me.

I wonder what will happen if they only do the online auctions now .. will they still pick one Sat/month to have parts open or will it be Mon-Fri only (having said that they will ship parts from their location directly to you as well so there is always that option)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Nice to know about PBR. I hate the whole money order business and would definitely use this service.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Nice to know this is an option to piggy back on their orders but is it just me or do others find it hard to actually get someone in parts to answer the phone? I have tried calling various times of the day and nobody seems to answer. Is there a trick or do you ask for a particular person there and have them track down a part guys to pick up the phone cause all the receptionist does is transfer the call.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
Have you tried blocking your number from caller ID, Mike? :D Just sayin'..

Smart ass, I've tried calling from my cell and work phone. I guess you have to block your number when you call because you are the king of NIB sales :p

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
You can also call and pay on a weekday, and have your parts at the front desk for a Saturday pickup. Done that before, no problem... Because I live in Ptbo and am only ever there on a weekend.

Alienagent

Nov 17, 2012
It's way easier to just get parts shipped to your home from the US.
You have to pay for fuel and your time (An hour + round trip for me), I would want to save at least $30 to justify driving there.
If you are already there at the auction, it's different, I just wait until auction time and buy stuff then, unless it's urgent.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I like using playdium when I have stuff coming from Marco or PBR, but their prices on day to day parts are just to high for me IMO.

Perfect example:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=315

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/Post_8_ ... 3-8319.htm

It's more than double at Playdium and they don't offer any bulk discount that PBL does. Your are going to be paying taxes buying from Playdium, you might pay taxes from PBL assuming you get dinged bu Canada Post, so really it just comes down to shipping costs. If you order enough from PBL it negates the shipping costs really and you ended up getting more parts for less money than if you had to buy from Playdium.

I'm all for supporting a local vendor but I don't find their part prices are cheap enough to stop me from buying from US vendors.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I agree with everyone in this post. It doesn't make sense to buy EVERYTHING from SB, especially the everyday parts you can get from Terry @ PBL because lets be honest.. Terry's prices rock and his shipping is reasonable. However, if you NEED to order something specific from say Marco or BAA and you only need one or two items and you don't feel like loading up your cart with everyday stuff that you can get from PBL (because let's be honest, Marco and BAA prices are nowhere near as good on this stuff) it makes sense to order it from SB. And if you don't live close enough to go pick it up, their shipping is reasonable.

It's just another decent option for us that don't feel like we're forced to pay all the high costs to the US guys for shipping to Canada.

D

Allan

Jan 16, 2014
Binbrook
They have their uses if you need something fast I once worked in the Hamilton branch of Starburst formerly Gametime,if they have it in stock they can courier to you right quick. I like John's Jukes no border there either.

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
WEll what I do because I still have to pay for shipping from Montreal or TO is to ship the stuff at the Corporate Centre in Ogdensburg NY on the other side of the border. I tend to order from Marco, Bay Amusements and Pinball Life. Shipping ends up being a fraction of the cost and then all you have to do is pay taxes (which you would do anyways ordering from Canada) So win win to go to the States in my opinion.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I buy and ship to Ogdensburg with myusaddress.ca they charge a flat fee of $5 a parcel and will hold it for a YEAR.

I have bought a TON using that, ALWAYS declare everything at customs and never ever have been stopped, and usually have a nice chat with the customs agent about pinballs!

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Spoke with parts from Starburst Toronto today. They'll order for you for Marcos and PBR, but, no longer with BAA. They take Marcos orders, almost weekly.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Actually I have used cbiusa.com for over a decade. Cars, boats, skids, anything! Shipping is dirt cheap in within the USA. No duties (exept for non usa built vehicles) just taxes which you will also pay here. Make a trip every month, filling my tank makes the trip free! Then we go grocery shopping as well! 30 Cans MGD or Coors Light $19.99 (duties are 13 bucks per case still cheaper than here!) Milk $1.88 a gallon, Chicken Breast boneless skinless, $1.88/lb and it goes on and on......

I also use starburst when i need things asap!