• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I'm at 3660 so far and Im just finishing my cab work. When its all said and done, this Xenon will cost me about $4000 not including labor. But when I look at that Xenon, it is breathtaking.

Doing any sort of restoration on a game for the most part is unjustifiable, as Ben said it's should only be done for the love of the game because when you boil it right down you will always lose money. (because time is money) Now regardless of how much you COULD spend on buying a restored game, it never comes with the satisfaction of doing all of that work yourself, which is the best part of any restoration... getting to sit back and see everyone enjoy all of the blood, sweat and curse words you put into it, to make the game play better than the day it left the factory. (at least that's usually the goal)

D

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I do have to admit I love the restoration part and the pride you get when you look at the finished product. You guys are right, you definitely lose money but its a labor of love. My problem is that the little voice in my head doesn't tell me to stop. Gotta love this hobby.;)

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
Doing any sort of restoration on a game for the most part is unjustifiable, as Ben said it's should only be done for the love of the game because when you boil it right down you will always lose money. (because time is money) Now regardless of how much you COULD spend on buying a restored game, it never comes with the satisfaction of doing all of that work yourself, which is the best part of any restoration... getting to sit back and see everyone enjoy all of the blood, sweat and curse words you put into it, to make the game play better than the day it left the factory. (at least that's usually the goal)

D
I always take great pride in all the blood, sweat and cash (mine) that you put into restoring my games Doug. If I had any of your skills I would do it myself but some of us are mere mortals. LOL

Reactions: Menace

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
If you'd like I can ship it to you
I thought about being slightly immature and saying something stupid like... "ship it in a deuce filled flaming papperbag."
But I then decided "no", grow up..and do a little research on the game... depending on the condition as everyone knows! Could be worth looking in too, this is a really nice game!.
The market is a wild place out there, and gaining;) My 1.5 cents..And yes, your welcome ;)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I grabbed the magic, nice dude, he's moving and its not working.

I'll get her up and running again and the league will get a chance to play a machine it normally can't

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Now that it's all on-line, it's impossible to tell how many shill bids were placed and how many were buy backs. In the old days you could see who was bidding and we all knew if it was being shilled / bought back.

Clearly SB is loving the new format. Wonder if we'll see any of these in the next auction.

D

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
Now that it's all on-line, it's impossible to tell how many shill bids were placed and how many were buy backs.

I bought the Robocop. It might seem expensive but it's a fairly rare game and generally sells for $1800 to $2000 in the States. I'm planning to fix it up and sell it in Allentown - it gets me free admission at the very least and I should have no problem selling it.

That Mousin' Around, however, was a rip off. The playfield was wrecked and the cabinet totally faded. Checkpoint was also a bad deal given half the drop targets were broken.