• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

NEW GAME PICK-UP!! GRAIL of a lifetime

TopTierArcade

Apr 28, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
OMG!!!!!!! Guys, I'm busting. Just picked up a Taito VEWLIX L cabinet, which will be the future home of Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. I still need the PCB and Capcom i/o board (have a buddy that can help me find them for cheap(er), but the hard part it done...Pics below...

Attachments

• inbox.jpg
    inbox.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 33
  • unboxed.jpg
    unboxed.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 34
  • vewlixl.jpg
    vewlixl.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: kvoxx and Menace

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Tell her you want to ditch your night stand and replace it with this new piece of furniture. I hear they LOVE that!

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
You problably didn't sleep all weekend! LOL

Nice pickup.

D

Steve picked this up 2 weekends ago so he actually hasn't been sleeping since then. He was so excited he sent me a 10 second video of it on whatsapp while doing a Dr. Evil laugh.

This Vewlix cab is probably my favorite looking cab of all the japanese ones available. It just looks so smooth and elegant. I almost went this route for my MAME except it would have been CNC'd from wood and I would have modified it to have a slightly wider control panel for 4 players. Anyways, congrats on the pick up Steve and I can't wait to see and play it!

TopTierArcade

Apr 28, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Steve picked this up 2 weekends ago so he actually hasn't been sleeping since then. He was so excited he sent me a 10 second video of it on whatsapp while doing a Dr. Evil laugh.

This Vewlix cab is probably my favorite looking cab of all the japanese ones available. It just looks so smooth and elegant. I almost went this route for my MAME except it would have been CNC'd from wood and I would have modified it to have a slightly wider control panel for 4 players. Anyways, congrats on the pick up Steve and I can't wait to see and play it!

The laugh is the best!!! LMAO!! Once I get it up and running, I will have you over, no worries

TopTierArcade

Apr 28, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
So, given the cost of the empty cab is pretty weighty what's the damage on a PCB set for this thing?

d

Good question. So, cabinet was $1650. The JVS Capcom I/O board is usually $150 Canadian, but my buddy is going to give me his for free, as he as a spare one he never uses, but I need a printer cable, $7. The Taito X2 is about $400 Canadian and the game would be about $300 Canadian, but I am lucky again, cause the same friend will let me clone his hard drive pcb, which has a multigame that plays most of the Taito X2 games for free. I just have to buy a 125GB hard drive, which is $50. Then, the acrylic marquee holder is $150 Canadian (YES, that much. Only made in Europe) and the artwork will be about $50 as I know a local printer guy that's pretty good and cheap. Oh, then I need a American coin mech as the Japanese one won't work and all weird. That's $15.

So, Price breakdown:

$1650
$7
$400
$50
$150
$50
$15
Total approx.
=$2322
+Potential Divorce =$1,000,000

I can hear Wong already.."You can buy 2 pins for that!!!!!!!"

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
So, given the cost of the empty cab is pretty weighty what's the damage on a PCB set for this thing?

d

I tried to talk Steve into doing a padhack with a Xbox360 and/or XboxOne controller like this so it can be linked to real arcade controls for his VEWLIX.

multiple.jpg

I said this way you can run your consoles inside the cab for SFIV, Super SFIV, SFII HDremix and whatever other fight games on each console on his cab versus just having a dedicted one trick pony running Super SFIV but Steve said he wants to keep shit "real" :rolleyes:

TopTierArcade

Apr 28, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I tried to talk Steve into doing a padhack with a Xbox360 and/or XboxOne controller like this so it can be linked to real arcade controls for his VEWLIX.

multiple.jpg

I said this way you can run your consoles inside the cab for SFIV, Super SFIV, SFII HDremix and whatever other fight games on each console on his cab versus just having a dedicted one trick pony running Super SFIV but Steve said he wants to keep shit "real" :rolleyes:

Nah Nah Nah, I'm not saying never, but for right now, real is what I need. Mind you, again, the multicart hard drive has like 15 games...Just have your "A" game ready for when you come over :p

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Nah Nah Nah, I'm not saying never, but for right now, real is what I need. Mind you, again, the multicart hard drive has like 15 games...Just have your "A" game ready for when you come over :p

Don't worry Mr. Karate Black Belt not only will I be bringing my "A" game but I will also be bringing the"dim mak" aka death touch too!

bloodsport-dim-mak-o.gif