• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

JJP Godfather?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I see why people are seeing some Godzilla here. $12000 US for an LE is out of range for me though.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678213412312.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678213412312.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 13

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Yeah the pricing kind of makes the game irrelevant. Who cares if it's good. No way it will ever be $15,00USD good.

Likely the same as TS4. A bunch of folks are buying the CE on the hopes of flipping for profit. Once ppl figure it's "meh" the games are going to sit on the market forever. GNR was a big OMG I NEED THIS NOW. Until ppl realized that the game play was not as exciting as they expected. I predict the same for GF. Especially since they didn't really use the movie "timeline". It's build your own family as opposed to the Corleone family. Choose your own adventure like Hobbit. Why then bother with the license? Could have been Goodfellas. Or any other mafia theme.

Looks like they went with the "let's make tons of multiballs and hundreds of blinky lights" design choice like GNR. Maybe in the hopes that folks will get distracted and not pay attention to the lack of physical features? I mean there's no more features in there than in a Stern Prem like Foo Fighters. But it's waaaay more expensive. Bang for the buck doesn't seem to be there.

Topper is cool though. That'll distract critics :)

If Stern made that topper they'd charge $4k for it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: kool1

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
what Mike said..., the code will be very bleak with generic callouts, make your own gangster adventure and become the godfather with some licensed GF images of the Corleone family here and there, no real movie assets, just random stuff sprinkled out.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
yeah if they can't figure out how to make a strong flipper, I am not interested in the gameplay. Feels weak. TS4 was a little better but not there yet.

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
What are you valuing the Foo Fighter topper at, and will it be amazing is the question? Still no topper for GZ or Rush