• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

JJP Godfather?

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
That's all they are giving us for now.....Wow!!! Still likely gonna blow Toy Story 4 out of the water!!!!

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Hopefully the prices get reined in a little. TS4 owners are taking a bath on resale and they are piled up at distros.

Don't know how you buy a U$12000 GF "LE" unless you are a die hard GF fan.

Reactions: Hammerhead

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
LOL. I AM a big time GF fan and there is no chance in hell I’d pay that much money for a JJP. It’s not the amount, it’s the company and what they put out for that amount that bothers me. “Bang for the buck” is low on JJP On the last 2 releases.

Locutus

Feb 1, 2019
Richmond Hill
Hopefully they bring some flow to the game, and some snap to the flippers. I can see this game being slow though, with a lot of start and stop modes- Godfather is a slow moving movie franchise

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
LOL....hopefully they don't mimic the slow series in the slow play! I have only shot GNR about 10x and TS about 10x and i found GNR to be less than exciting in the flow and play, and I actually liked TS4 flow better, all be it seem more bare in the field. A+ for their light shows though!

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
LOL....hopefully they don't mimic the slow series in the slow play! I have only shot GNR about 10x and TS about 10x and i found GNR to be less than exciting in the flow and play, and I actually liked TS4 flow better, all be it seem more bare in the field. A+ for their light shows though!
I actually enjoyed playing TS4 but the the price completely kills it when you can get an awesome Stern premium for $1000's less.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Ya totally agree, TS4 has good flow, way better than GMR clunking around. But Stern as cheap as they are making their games these days are still a full package and Prem’s are the Best Buy by far. The LE’s seem to go up a bit more in value as they get flipped a lot for profits but I think those days may be coming to an end as less people want to shell out the new range of $17,000-$21,000. We were all more likely to accept it when it was $13,000-$15000 days. Plus how limited is a game that has 1000-1250 made when they only sell 3000-5000 of a particular title. Just good marketing and price grabbing from Stern which has encouraged others to flip them like when they only made 500 LE.

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
I'm a sucker for a good lightshow and some fun toys (own and love my GnR LE) but I agree with the prices going up, it sure has to be a special theme for someone to drop the bucks on a new LE/CE...

That said, Eric Munier is a great designer...

With Godfather, Foo Fighters, Scooby-Doo, new machine from American Pinball (Galactic Tank Battle?), it's raining new pins now!
Nice to see some new machines and some (hopefully) competition out there!
Personally, it'll be interesting to see how quickly the machines sell or if the FoMo days are done....?

Reactions: kool1

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I just rewatched the trilogy a little over a month ago. (The new 4K transfers are simply beautiful). But tbh, I find it a REALLY weird IP for a pin. Nothing about the movies scream fast paced excitement. Quite the opposite in fact. They are all slow burns. However, they do have an excellent music score. I hope they pull it off. Besides GNR, I have not been disappointed in a JJP pin yet.

Reactions: Hammerhead

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
Man - not sold on the art at all - creepy Sophia Coppola staring out from under the name on the side.
Looks like it was slapped together in photoshop by a blind person... yuk