• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

I bought a house!! (Building a game room)

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
http://www.hopeneonsigns.com/

He's off Morningside in Scarborough. I told him to expect pinball people to start calling him :). Pricing was reasonable imo for a custom piece like that. Going to be more than having something made in china obviously but its made local and you can bring it home without it busting.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I decided to buy a carpet runner to put in front of my games to make it easier on feet, as well as cut the echo in the room. Managed to find a blacklight carpet at a local store that was able to create a runner for me instead of me buying a whole roll of it.

the runner will be 40' long, 36" wide. It will have a rubber underpad as well.

Luch, you still have to play in the dark :lol:

Attachments

• blacklight1-sm.gif
    blacklight1-sm.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 193

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I almost ran that same carpet in my entire room... but then, with the whole brick theme and my concern about any future moiture issues, I just went with the vinyl wood effect floor.
I'm certain my wife was somewhat relieved :D

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
The blacklight carpet runner has arrived. 18" blacklights are mounted under each cabinet to light the carpet. It is hard to photograph how amazing the effect is, but as the saying goes, it really ties the room together :).

I'm having trouble uploading photos, so you can see the pictures here:

http://frolicsarcade.com/?p=173

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
How come you didn't just get a single ceiling or wall mounted black light unit? I know that is all mrxsiv has in his gameroom and it does a pretty good job of turning his entire game room into a rave party. The only good thing I can see from mounting the light under each cab is it minimizes black light exposure to cab artwork and playfield. Brock bought a Demoman once and the red circles on the playfield inserts were faded to hot pink... Gross!

Your new runner looks great along with the rest of your room. How are you turning on each black light? You have them plugged into the service outlet so they come on with the game?

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Since my room is so dark, I wanted to minimize the blacklight effect to just the carpet and not light up everyone's teeth. I had not even thought about possible cabinet damage, so the lights pointed away from it is a bonus.

The lights are run through the speaker hole and to the service outlet. I've ordered some remote power controllers so I can switch on all the machines remotely and the service outlet will go live with them.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Your breaker panel is so close and accessible near your pins, why not just turn all your games on that way?

I have about 9 remote controlled outlets I could have sold you for $20.