• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off" (CLOSED)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: [Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

cdnpinballer said:
Is it too late to get in on this?

I'll take 10...

Not too late and added you to the list and let Kevin know to put aside 10 more. Thanks

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: [Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

Group Buy Update

Hi Mike,
Should be ready to ship tomorrow...so... Could you please get me your email so I can email you an invoice... I can go $4.20 per part. Shipping is $50 - which I will put on the invoice. Please note on the invoice the 'ship to' address in Port Huron. I plan to have everything packed tonight so I can drop off at UPS tomorrow. Thanks.
All the best,
Kevin.

So hopefully Doug (Menace) will sort out payment with Kevin today and let me know how much everything plus shipping is after US to CDN exchange. Then the last part to determine the cost per unit would be the 13% tax coming into Canada. The plan is still for Doug to bring back our order on Dec 13 when he is making a trip out that way to deliver and pick up some games.

Once we know the final cost you can all send Doug an EMT or if you planning to pick up on or a few days after Dec 13 then sure you can just pay him cash in person. Any questions feel free to shoot me a PM and thanks!

-Mike

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Payment has been sent. I am waiting for confirmation on duties if any... Even though this is a pinball part made in the USA, to CBSA this looks like a bulk shipment of plastic. If this shipment gets questioned proper documentation will be required from the merchant for CBSA purposes, and if it's not in order or not available then we will have to pay duty & taxes.

Here's hoping our customs broker is on the case!

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
12/06/2013 Update:

Packaged has been shipping and received tracking # from Kevin. I will keep you guys posted once it has cleared customs and enters Canada.

Subpacket

Nov 16, 2012
The plastics have been delivered to a warehouse in the US, and are awaiting customs clearance.

LIVETRACK(tm) for this shipment can be found here. http://goo.gl/QMET

Please don't email me for updates. They will be posted to to the LiveTrack site.

Thanks.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lGwhqk0-_F4[/youtube]

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Cost Per Unit Breakdown

Here is the paypal invoice and what Menace paid for everything with shipping to US Port Huron address.

11226452846_125c1a09da_z.jpg

Total after exchange and paypal rape is $1587.02

The package was cleared at customs by Subpacket for $1587.02cdn less $50usd shipping.

$1532.24cdn x 13% (HST) = $199.19

Total so far is $1587.02 + $199.19 = $1786.21

Cost per unit is $1786.21 / 333 pieces = $5.36

Since Subpacket allowed us to ship to his US address and personally cleared this to ensure we got hit with nothing except the HST. Menace and I had a brief chat last week and felt as a group should all pitch in for his 2 glare guards. I didn't want to say anything before the package was cleared because in case we did get hit with duties it would everyone in the group the wrong way but Subpacket did work with Kevin from bent plastics and got all NATFA paperwork in line and made sure we were able to clear this as a "pinball part" and MADE IN USA because otherwise we would have been hit with another 15% duties on top. If you need further explanation let me know or speak up here and Subpacket will gladly answer your questions.

$5.36 x 2 = $10.72 / 28 people in the group = $0.38

I am calculating this based on a per person basis instead of per unit. At this point I don't think anyone is going to be so critical over such a small amount and had we shipped this to a US address service they would have charged $5/per package with weight and size restrictions.

Menace will chime in later on today I'm sure and start accepting EMT's or COD payment arrangement. So when you are calculating what you owe:

(# of glare guards x $5.36) + $0.38

The package is going to be picked up from Subpacket by Menace this Friday, December 13. At which point he will bring it back to his home in Aurora and you can make arrangements with luch or Vengeance who live close by to grab your guards for you and bring to next the TOPL meeting or pick up from Menace directly.

For the Ottawa guys you can make arrangements with medvet who I believe will be in the Toronto area over Xmas to bring back your glare guards.

Thanks for all your patience and making this work out guys. We will be starting a pincab leg protectors group buy very soon so stay tuned for details.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Pfffffffffffffft, $0.38, I'm out ;)

Looking forward to the glare guards :)

Also for anyone who wants to pickup at TOPL, the league will not be back till the New Year, so if you don't want me or Luch to pick them up, make sure you clarify that with Doug and work out your own arrangements to grab them.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Awesome guys, thanks for this.

Is anyone in Ottawa making a trip to Toronto who can pick these up?

Also, please let me know where/how to send my $$ and I'll make sure to get it done asap.

Thanks

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I know TwilightZone will be making a stop by my house this Christmas season at some point so you could talk to him about picking up your order.

Adam

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Doug's on the road at the moment but he told me to go ahead and post up his email address for EMT and he will mark you down as paid on post #1 once he receives your payment. Maybe to keep things simple make the answer "pinball" for your EMT question.

dr_menace@sympatico.ca

Thanks again guys!