• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Credit Dot Pinball: The Update Thread

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I have to visit the blog more often. I had some catching up to do and a LOT to read.
I love that you're not just writing opinion but also have done some legwork to reach out to a variety of sources for your material.
Always a great read!

Thanks Rob!

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Reactions: WARLOCK and Menace

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've been following the #wheresthecode campaign since it started and thought it was well run and well deserved, and felt your write-up did a good job of capturing all aspects of the situation. I can only hope that this at least gets some sort of discussion going over at Stern, and that owners with games that are seriously lacking decent working code get looked after. They have made some very promising games as of late that are being suffocated by incomplete software, and where Stern is the biggest player in the game it's very dissapointing to see.

D

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Your best "heartfelt" post yet my friend.
Well done; and now you know what happens when your child "deems" a game as their own.

I was happy to provide Rob "Pinbot" and also WCS94 (through Wongneau) as well as Funhouse through
Brewmanager. I like that Rob has these games and that they are being used, played, loved and restored for sure.

Letting go is difficult; these games were meant to be played and enjoyed, not folded in a storage unit somewhere.

Keep up the great writing bro.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Reactions: WARLOCK

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Credit Dot interviews Jeff Miller, aka THE PINBALL PIMP. Mr. Miller has been restoring machines since 2005...more importantly, he has recently began to offer the definitive stencil sets for older Bally and Williams machines for public sale...and they are licenced and everything!

PEOPLE: Jeff Miller, the Pinball Pimp
http://creditdotpinball.com/2015/07/07/people-jeff-miller-the-pinball-pimp/

Reactions: WARLOCK and Menace

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Drop Target

Jun 22, 2016
Toronto
Great write-up. Appreciated.

I to am surprised more people dont modify thier em games with things such as a drop target bank reset function. Maybe people arent willing to stray from original in spite of improving the gameplay ??? I think its a great idea in the case of the 4 player gottliebs.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Nice read!

FYI. That distant target is certainly 'make-able' by the upper left flipper. It takes some practice on the plunge to get the ball to land right on the flipper and then a hard shot at a sharp angle will take out 1-3 of those furthest targets.

I love reading about Gottlieb's follies during the dawn of the SS era :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Credit Dot Pinball explores the bumpy road Data East designers and artists had to endure to get WWF Royal Rumble out the door. I had the opportunity to speak with game designer Tim Seckel about his experiences getting the game built.

00-wwfproto01.jpg

FEATURE: Smaller Muscles and Fewer Wrestlers, The History and Production of Data East's WWF Royal Rumble
http://creditdotpinball.com/2016/08...nd-production-of-data-easts-wwf-royal-rumble/

Reactions: Menace and WARLOCK

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
With Pinitech's DIY Retrofit Conversion LED Display kit, you can use the parts from broken or outgassed Bally/Stern displays and turn them into a set of fully-fuctioning low-voltage LED displays. What once was old, is new again...and for a fraction of the cost of an aftermarket plug-and-play display solution. Credit Dot examines the ideas behind the display kit and walks through the conversion process in this second article in a series highlighting technological innovations for your classic Bally/Stern games.

00-retro01.jpg

REVIEW: Pinitech’s Retrofit Conversion LED Display Kit
https://creditdotpinball.com/2017/08/04/review-pinitechs-retrofit-conversion-led-display-kit/

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Enjoyed your two articles on reproduction parts innovation. Keep 'em coming.
Nice to see we are getting new design solutions for keeping our old SS games running.

I like that you can go DIY on these kits and get your hands dirty (and save some cash).
Might be time to upgrade my de-soldering station ;)
41KEwkZ830L._SX355_.jpg

Reactions: spiroagnew