• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

CGC XL Display Installed Into Williams Pinball

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Wondering if anybody has tried to install a CGC XL display and speaker panel into a Williams Pinball machine (like TZ or IJPA).

Would love to upgrade my display to match the CGC games.

Was looking on Pinside but did not find any threads that matched.

Any feedback or knowledge would be great to hear.

Thanks

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Even if you could get a CGC XL display to retrofit into your original WPC how would the game communicate with the CGC XL display?

If you are familiar with the pin2dmd displays Dino sells I've seen someone put together a kit like this using larger LED panels to upgrade original WPC games.

Looks like this site sells complete plug and play kit along with customized speaker panel artwork for the game too.

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Yes, there is a PIN2DMD HD XL setup that you can use for this. I've only received a couple of inquiries about these. At this point, I have chosen not to offer them because the investment on my end would be fairly high and the demand is very low.

Andrew at retrocity.com.au can definitely help you out. He has no problem shipping them anywhere in the world even though he's in Australia. He and I regularly communicate about PIN2DMD stuff. He is a good guy and can be trusted.

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Dino thank you for the reply and feedback. One thing I am wondering is if the XL pin2dmd display is the same size as the CGC XL display? Also is there a speaker panel available for it from this gentlemen or will I need to create a custom panel or source it elsewhere. Thx

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Okay just checked out their website. Looks exactly what I am looking for. Comes with speaker panel and RGB speaker lights as well. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Dino Z.