• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bob's Pinball Repair Basics Only: Nevr-Dull

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
To clean and polish metal parts some have tumblers, but for my small collection I can't justify the cost or taking up the space. I stumbled across a product called Nevr-Dull which can do a really nice job.

My Bobby Orr backglass is in pretty good shape but the metal lift bar at the bottom was rusted. I bought a small container at Canadian Tire and got to work:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nevr-dull-magic-wadding-polish-0392820p.html#.VmSeMbgrKUk

Here's the before:

It took many, many passes and the stuff kept coming back black so I was thinking I was taking the finish off, but eventually I got most of the rust and here's the result. Not as good as replacing the lift bar, but much better than I had before. For other beginners like me there are things you can do yourself. Trust me, if I can do it anyone can.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/AV8j83]
[/url]

Reactions: Menace

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Glad you found this product Bob. I swear by it, use it on all wireforms and any other metal I want to clean up in a game.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
NEVR DULL is a great product. It doesn't work in every scenario but is great for anything with a high polish finish like chrome or brass.
For anything else I prefer to give it a good bath in a rust removal liquid and then go from there.
In really bad situations (and if the game warrants it), it's sometime easier to just get things re-plated... but you'd better do a bunch of parts to make it worthwhile.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, I discovered this stuff 20 years ago and used it on the spokes of my bike and other things. There's probably asbestos in it, but it sure does a great job!