• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Alternatives to Sayal

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Wondering if there are any suggestions as to where to shop for electronic doo-dads and widgets in a pinch in the Burlington-Oakville-Mississauga corridor. Some place that isn't Sayal. I will buy online when I get the chance from the usual suspects, but today I found I needed some Molex connectors while changing over the jumper on my container game. It gives me piece of mind, being a noob, to bring the part in with me and compare it to the stuff on the rack to make sure you are getting the right item. Say what you will about pricing, but I like that you can do this at Sayal, and that you can buy a little ten pack of Molex connectors and not have to buy a baggie of a billion of them.

However, I don't want to shop at Sayal anymore because for the second time in the last three visits I have been short-changed at the register. I'm not saying they are trying to intentionally rip me off...all I'm saying is that there wasn't any hesitation on the clerk's part (different clerk each time) when I brought the discrepancy to his/her attention. I merely turned around and said, "I think I'm a little short here", and they magically knew how much I was short without looking at the bill of sale or change I was given ($2 the first time, $1 today). They plucked the shorted amount quickly out of the register and went on with whatever else they were doing. I know the amount is peanuts in the grand scheme of things, but do that ten times a day, and you get yourself a neat little tip!

Any suggestions where I could shop instead would be great. Thanks, all.

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
flyer666 said:

I love a1 but Glenn is a character, treat him like the King of his castle and you will get the same in return.

if you have never been there, it's row and rows of awesome crap. Motors, electronics, wires, tubes, pcb....etc. Lots of new stuff behind the counter + tools. I got my first rejuvenator there

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I'm minutes from A1 so that's my first stop. They're just up the street from Sherway Gardens.
Always an adventure though ;)

If I'm not in a terrible hurry ill even order from Great Lakes Modular since they have great direct knowledge of pinball.
Shipping is not a big deal and saves me driving all over the city.

tim.sanderson

Rats! Talk about bad luck. I went to A1. I get there, there's a sign on the door that says they are closed for 3 weeks, doing inventory.

A few weeks back I had free morning, so I thought I'd drop by Playdium Store for some parts. They too were closed that day for inventory.

:FP:

I should learn to call first!