• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WPT opto issue

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
I am pretty sure that the Ace in the Hole optos are dead? The Jail resets for a new game if pushed up but once a game starts they go up when hit but do not recognize when a ball is shot in so the Jail doesnt drop to catch the ball.

Anyone available for a service call in the Barrie area?

RJW

Nov 16, 2012
Woolwich, ON
If there is two pairs of optos not working on it, I would check the corresponding opto board that is attached to the backboard.

It's been a while but I think there are two boards on the backboard somewhere and each board controls two sets of optos.

One of those boards failed on my WPT and my Tron, the optos themselves were fine, just replaced the boards and all was good again.

The boards themselves could even be repaired but they were cheap so I just replaced them and kept the old ones for a rainy
day when I have the ambition to look at them further (translation - they'll sit in my junk pile forever).

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
It's all good, he booked me for a service call and I went up and fixed it. Ended up being a cracked solder joint on the lower opto PCB on the mech.

D