• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Wife wants a basketball themed pin

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
My wife would like me to consider a basketball themed pin.
I have no idea what they are valued at or what sort of trim levels are out there.
I like the idea of linking so NBA Fastbreak is on the list.
I have played a Stern NBA at a local bar. Pretty fun. Seems to have a low production run. Seems to look like Space Jam which I am not interested in.
Any other dmd, multi mode games missing?

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
My buddy loves Shaq attack. I don't mind it. The worst thing with it is that shot counter on the Playfield will eventually die and there's no replacement part available. Doesn't make the game unplayable just a little less cool

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
My wife would like me to consider a basketball themed pin.
I have no idea what they are valued at or what sort of trim levels are out there.
I like the idea of linking so NBA Fastbreak is on the list.
I have played a Stern NBA at a local bar. Pretty fun. Seems to have a low production run. Seems to look like Space Jam which I am not interested in.
Any other dmd, multi mode games missing?

Stern NBA and Space Jam have identical PF's as Stern just repackaged the layout.

D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
My vote is for Fastbreak. I've always loved the game. Basketball-style scoring is a neat hook...but it's an adjustable setting if you'd like the overblown scores in the millions.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I'd vote against Fastbreak. Game gets old. I personally like the Stern one. Not sure if it is worth the price, though. HUO I'm assuming it's in the $4.5K or more given price of other newer Sterns.

To be honest, basketball themes haven't been executed in pinball very well. I know "happy wife, happy life", but might be worth seeing if she wants something else. There are a ton of good playing pinball machines.

If she is "married" to a basketball theme and you have kids or guests over regularly, I'd recommend Williams/Midway Hot Shot. I had one of those and the kids and I loved it. Sold it to get more space, but wish I had kept it. It was a really fun game. Lots of fun with two players. Takes up about as much room as a pinball -- just a bit longer.

marco

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
If you want an NBA FastBreak, there is a "restored" (mind the quotes) and a project one at Alouette Amusement (I know, I know).

They also have a project Space Jam and Shaq Attack. You must pay attention to what you buy but if you do not mind player's condition machine and you know how to fix things, then it might be an option. (just saying).

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
If you want a fun game but older era, Harlem globetrotters is great fun. You are welcome to come try mine out if you'd like, but I'm not selling.

I do know of another though, if you end up liking it.

scylla

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON
Does she play pinball regularly? What does she like?

We owned a Stern NBA for a while. I have to admit it was meh for me - didn't have staying power.

I would go with Fastbreak personally.