• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Who’s got $100,000 to spare?

Williampinball

Dec 28, 2012
Collingwood Ont.
U would need a big place too store 170 machines then go though one by one changing the power supply too Canada and see what they need am sure some will be fine and some will not ,if it keeps going up and up not sure with shipping ,duties unloading storing and going though all of them the man hours that would take not sure if it’s worth doing

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
He has an ad on Pinside too

One of the photos has Stern pins NIB, if its not a bait and switch.

I have 5 acres, lots of room to store containers. Just sayin'.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
We had a guy in Ottawa years ago that imported lots of games from overseas. Some were ok but most were not. Hacked to shit. Broken/missing mechs. I still say whoever buys this is in for a bad surprises on 30-50%(or worse) of the games in the sale.

170 games but only pics of 12 of them (less than 10% of what's offered). There's a red flag - in addition to the fact the seller has a less than stellar track record with these container sales. The list is just that... a list. Nothing states that ANY of these games are functional. Plausible deniability once the shit hits the fan ;)

I also looked up shipping costs for a 40' container. I do not believe this includes the container:
"Ocean rates for Europe-to-Canada shipping are similar to rates from Europe to the US East Coast. In normal times, shipping a 40-foot container from Europe to Montreal or Halifax costs about $3,000 to $4,000. These days, the rate is more likely to be $8,000 to $9,000."

Last edited:

vic vetro

Nov 13, 2017
mississauga
I believe you can do a lot more with $ 500k Canadian in your own pockets, than buying unseen
European pins in todays marketplace, and still have to deal with taxes, repairs and shipping

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Pic 5 has "Rolling Stones" in it......no RS in the list of games. So I would guess the pics are not of the actual games for sale. Like someone said....nowhere does it say games are complete.

Reactions: MrMikeman

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
On Pinside a guy contacted the seller about the games:

I enquired about the 170 pins for sale. Here’s his response,
“New message from: mauriz75 (205TURQUOISE_STAR Star)
Hi we have all the 170 pinball machines but on Ebay it is an Advertisement.
You can buy 1, 5 , 10 or the ones you want
Best regards”
Somethings not riiiight here, fishy, I smell a weasel.

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
There was a guy from Quebec that use to get containers full of pins. I can't remember if he was on this site or MAACA.