• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What's your favourite game?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I like being in the position to not have to pick just one, but I'd probably go with TZ as the best of the best. It's a game where there are tons of things to go for and ways to play it. You can go for modes and try to get to LITZ, you can go for the main MB, or you can try for PBM, and do ALL of those things in combination. Great lights, great mechanics, and great sounds-basically a package that everyone has been chasing since then. It's actually a game that I didn't like as much originally, but once I actually learned how to play it, the game really clicked.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
That's like asking me what my favorite song is, or food, or movie... impossible question to answer.

Any pinball could be my favorite, as long as I'm playing pinball. (or in my case working on it)

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
This is always an easy one for me becuase The Addams Family will always be my favorite... mostly for nostalgic reasons and also for the great theme and how it was executed. I think it also represents a watershed moment in theme integration, pinball design and programming. Not to mention it's also the catalyst for the creation of TZ... which is sort of like TAF on steroids. Without the record sales from TAF, there's no way TZ would have ever existed in its current form.

There may be many technically 'better' machines in my lineup, but nothing makes me feel like a kid the way that TAF does.

Reactions: Menace

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Same for me. TSPP's rule set is so deep that it always keeps me coming back for more. I've made it to the Wizard mode about four times and I've had it since 2004. This machine really can kick your butt.
Nice! I'm just about 3 years with mine. Still have not reached sdmewm. I think closest I've been so far is 5 of 6 complete and a few shots away from completing mystery tour. So close... Yet so so far. Really mind blowing rules when you get into it.

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
The Simpsons Pinball Party

This theme does absolutely nothing for me. Just like family guy. I think both shows are great, but to me they are both really unappealing themes when it comes to pinball for me.

That being said, I feel like I really want to spend some time with a TSPP at some point simply because of the super deep ruleset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
This theme does absolutely nothing for me. Just like family guy. I think both shows are great, but to me they are both really unappealing themes when it comes to pinball for me.

That being said, I feel like I really want to spend some time with a TSPP at some point simply because of the super deep ruleset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the theme may not appeal to all and unfortunately theme does mean a lot to some people. It doesn't stand out as amazing in that department. I could walk you through mine sometime. The truth is this game is best explored by owning it for a while. That would be the only way someone could actually get into the depth and strategy of the code far enough to realize why the game could be considered the best by a lot. Understanding the basics of the game is fun but it's not going to "click" until you really study the rules and play a couple hundred games in your home while strategically forming your game plan. That's my thinking.