• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What will I have to do with my European pin?

tim.sanderson

So I have a machine on Gerry's March container. What are the basics I need to take care of before I can plug it in here?
I'm assuming I'm going to have to convert it from 220v to 110v. I understand this is just a matter of jumping a certain connector in the machine. I also assume I'll have to change from Italy's plug style: (if the machine is in fact from Italy)
socket-normal.jpg

Is there anything I'm missing?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Chris Bardon said:
I've never bought a container game, but I've watched TOP3 (http://www.pinrepair.com/top/) a couple of times, and that deals with an end to end restore of a container game. Some good tips in there for checking out a game that's a complete unknown. Definitely worth picking up a copy.

I have watched Lost in the Zone many times and love Norm giving Clay a hard time from beginning to end on that container TZ.

One thing I am sure you will have to do after you have converted the power is odor removal because the thing will most likely reek of smoke from being on location in a bar or pub for many years. I heard using charcoal or baking soda and letting sit inside the cab for a few weeks helps and for the outside of the cab you can use some diluted mean green to wipe it down but be very careful doing this because you could potentially ruin the artwork. I think Adriano had to do this for his LOTR because the previous owner was a pretty heavy smoker.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
mwong168 said:
I think Adriano had to do this for his LOTR because the previous owner was a pretty heavy smoker.

Odour Eater sponge in the cab FTW!
And, if the exterior is really bad, a mild solution of simple green diluted with water (mean green is very agressive). Give it a good wipe down. It'll stink at first as you wet the cab, but does the trick.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
An open container of coffee grinds inside a stinky game works wonders. Walt tried many things with one of his stinky games and ultimately it was my coffee suggestion that did the trick.

As others have stated above, diluted simple green for the exterior works good.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tim.sanderson said:
Great info, thanks guys.

What about fuses. Are there certain fuses I should stock up on for my R911, or do all machines have different fuses? I'd like to make sure all the right ones are in the right places before I fire it up.

From Clay's old Gottlieb Sys3 repair guides here is are the fuses he listed off:

8652887118_77b8de5e88_b.jpg

If you want a copy of this repair guide shoot me a PM. You can buy all your fuses the next time you place a Pinball Life order too, much cheaper to have on hand compared to when you need it in a crunch and pay 2-3x more from a local electronics store like Source or even Sayal.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p= ... nt=21&pg=1

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
If you want a copy of this repair guide shoot me a PM. You can buy all your fuses the next time you place a Pinball Life order too, much cheaper to have on hand compared to when you need it in a crunch and pay 2-3x more from a local electronics store like Source or even Sayal.

+1 to that-I've had a hard time even finding SB fuses elsewhere (Sayal didn't have them last time I checked). Stock up from pinball life or Great Plains.