• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Toronto Blue Jays Thread: 2016

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I've been a Blue Jays fan since 1977. I wasn't at opening day but I did go down the first year, picking up 1/2 price tickets to sit in the outfield from Dominion. I was there when Joe touched them all, and when Joey Bats flipped the bat.

I haven't been this excited to start the season since the early to mid 90's.

Ok. Blue Jays. Let's play ball.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Yes I remember those 1/2 price bleachers at Exhibition stadium , we used to yell at Reggie Jackson, and Lou Pinella , sometimes they'd yell back . Now I am a season ticket holder 6th row behind home plate

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Marcus Stroman pitching the home opener tonight. I hope with the beer they make you take it in a cup and not keep the can tonight, for some reason opening night has turned into a big drunk over the past couple of years. The place will be jumping, though, that's for sure.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Ugh, don't get me started on the new slide rules. How much you want to bet the closer we get to playoffs we find basemen standing right on the baseline blocking the runners path? At this rate players might as well go into bases standing up. The whole thing is a joke.

D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Ugh, don't get me started on the new slide rules. How much you want to bet the closer we get to playoffs we find basemen standing right on the baseline blocking the runners path? At this rate players might as well go into bases standing up. The whole thing is a joke.

D
It's a call that could have been made at any time in the past few years..nothing new. The new rules introduced this year limit the slide...and have little to do with clotheslining or dropkicking the baseman. Because those latter things have always been illegal as intentional interference, just like pushing or grabing have.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Oh for sure, they got the call right Tuesday night by the letter of the law... and we can debate the amount of interference and the bad throw and the fact EE would have been safe regardless of the call for days but it is what it is.

I understand why the rule was instituted, because of bonehead plays like Utley's but those are few and far between. My concern is the new rule is going to change the way the game is played in a negative way (my opinion) and I feel it's the interpretation of it that is going to cause more and more issues. There were two instances within 3 days of opening day and they have now set precidence. Gonna be a long season...

D

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Today was much better.

Although if I have to listen to and have Alex the beer guy obstructing my view of the plate for much longer I'm going to be bitching and moaning to customer service.

Jan 16, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Did the Dan \Shulman experiment end already or did he have the day off. The broadcast was marginally better without him. Now if Buck would take a vacation I would be happy .. and you would be twuuuuu.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Dan is doing ESPN still so he's gone for the Sunday nighter. He'll be doing about 20 home games this year, generally through the week. Dan with Buck doing colour was actually pretty good if they could just turn Pat Tabler's mic off.

Last edited:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Much better showing last night. Looking forward to Tuesday's game #1 of Jays vs. the Yankees.
Taking my wife and I'm sure she will have words with the beer guy (if it's an issue) from our seats Walt.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
If I see Drew Storen coming into a close game again this week I'm going to simply turn off the TV. He's been beyond bad.

Reactions: Menace

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I've been watching the Jays for 40 years so I know you lose a lot of games even in a good season. But the way they are losing many of these games is so frustrating.

What's up with Tulo? 2 more errors today on defense, still not hitting, and he couldn't help out Russ Martin by catching a short hop throw to 2nd to nap a runner in extras.

and the Red Sox look really good to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace

maken

Jan 2, 2014
Kitchener
When you have a shitty bullpen, you find many interesting ways to lose games.

Rogers needs to invest more $ into pitching. We know the revenue is there after the big push last season, but cash is king and I don't see Rogers ponying up to pay for a championship calibre team. Sure, teams like KC and Oakland have found other ways in the past, but we don't have the elite baseball minds within the organization to be able to win on the cheap. The Shapiro hire was a red flag, that guy is known for running low cost teams, it aint changing anytime soon.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
We're staying in the mix, need to win a few more before the all star break and see if we can get Bautista back healthy. Estrada's back is a concern as the pitching depth isn't there for us (or for most teams).

Bring on the Royals, this could end up being a team we need to beat for the wild card.