• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The THANKS-giving thread

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thanks to Alex in BC. I am sure you will be thrilled with your new pin, she is an absolute beauty.
Thanks to Adam @ Starburst for your assistance; and again thanks to Wong for setting everything up and making me move forward.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Some thanks are long overdue here.

Thank you to Brewmanager, Spirowagnew, Tim Sanderson and Che for the assist in the "project empty" both my storage units.
Thank you again for also helping get 16 pins on legs and 8 vids rolled into place with 8 more more pins on deck to setup on Day #1.
Thank you to Tim Sanderson and Spiroagnew for picking up 2 pins for me whilst my injuries heal. Much appreciated gents.
Thanks to the gang of 6 who went to the shop Saturday to give the pins a bit of a shakedown. Sorry I couldn't join you.

Thanks to all my friends who help with parts and pieces and pins. You know who you are. All the very best.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I have some big praise to hand out to some fellow pinheads. Some I've known for a while, others I've just gotten acquainted with. This year has brought more deals and purchases than I would have liked... but you have to make hay while the sun shines. And, although it has forced me to sell several games to raise money and space, it has also allowed me to reconnect with friends old and new.

Firstly a huge thanks to Pinballfan87 who remembered that I had been after a Heavy Metal Meltdown for a while and, in the normal course of his travels, located a very reasonably priced example and then went out of his way to collect and house it for me until it could be transported home. By a total fluke, the machine also appears to be a very early prototype or test machine with standard Bally Midway art and a space where a drop target should have been in front of the main ramp. A great find! Thanks Sylvain!!

Williamsfan also stepped in to complete the final leg of my EK's journey from Quebec City to here. Collecting and holding the game while it also awaits transport to its final destination. Thanks Jason!

And most recently, it was a true pleasure dealing with Andre on the purchase of his Medusa. It's a machine that I had searched for but had almost given up hope of finding. He was a straight up guy and very accommodating. I hope you find that new game you're hoping for! But it doesn't end there. This was a tag team effort and I owe Chris Silver a huge thanks as well. He was already set to pick up one of Andre's other pins and offered to bring Medusa 3+ hours closer to home for me.

And of course all these machines are being stored and will be transported so I have endless more people to thank; you know who you are ;)

I think everyone should be reminded what a great group of people we have in this shared affliction, err hobby, of ours! So, good on all of you!

Thanks gentlemen!

Reactions: Menace

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Big thanks to mwong168 for connecting me with CFTBL for sale! Very much appreciated! In great shape, but dirty and is getting a full tear-down cleaning! I can really see why owners really love this pin!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thanks are due to to Spiroagnew for 2 incoming pins and 1 outgoing pin and to Ed for recommending a nice couple who bought their first pin from me recently. 2 in and 2 out. Status quo. Whew. Thanks to Spiroagnew again for ordering us manuals and schematics for what can only be aptly named "the great EM keeper escapades".

Thanks to Tim and Walt for helping @ BPL as they always do. Much appreciated gents. Nice to keep meeting new pinheads and long time friends alike every other week.

Thanks to Williams Fan for delivering an EM wedgehead to BPL and to Walt for receiving it while I was away.

Thanks to the regular crew in ON and QC who continue to assist each other in moving pins east and west.
Cheers. Salut.

More soon.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thanks to everyone involved during the last Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal Journey.

Thanks to Spiroagnew for making the trip with me.
Thanks to RAB for hosting the North Star Pow-wow.
Thanks to James, Jason, JF, Sylvain + Sylvain for pins.

Great to see everyone in Ontario + Quebec again. Maybe more Tales in 6 months.
Cheers. Salut.

All the very best.

Reactions: spiroagnew

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
It has been six weeks since my last confession....
I owe a great number of thank you's to a large number of people...
Thank you my friends; and, one day I will get to thanking you all publicly..
For now, please accept my gratitude and many continued thanks. On or off: (line) Thank you all.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Where are my manners? It's been a slow summer, but still several helping hands have made a world of difference towards my ongoing struggle to acquire, preserve and play these beautiful machines we all love.

Warlock of course for providing transport and refuge to transient pinball machines when and where required.
Spiroagnew for his great assistance in the parts and paint procurement department :)
Mursky for his donation of some much needed and hard to locate parts for Fathom as well as a little help in the art department (Quicksilver thanks you!)
Thanks to Gino for his skill and attention to detail. The contributions to my classic stern projects will be very visible.
Menace for being on-call for my electronic repair fails
Monkeybug for the encouragement on Batman '66... even when I'm feeling not so dynamic ;)
GorgarSpeaks... thanks for a great transaction. The kids (and me) are loving our new Bally Frontier. It's never easy to do these long distance deals, but nice when they go off without a hitch.
Mr. Hanley for sharing a treasured and beautiful piece of history with me. I will endeavor to be worthy of it.
And of course thanks to everyone who takes the time to post, respond and offer encouragement. It makes the work just that much more rewarding.

It's funny how many people go into making this a great hobby when you stop to think about it.
Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Cheers!
Adriano

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thank you to the veterans who have helped me for many years...
Thank you to the new guys who inspired me to help and who help in return.

Thank you to all of those individuals who post and help and assist us all repairing these things.
Thank you to all of those people those who buy things from me and also offer to sell things to me here...

Thank you to Brewmanager, Drano, Wong, Menace, Monkeybug, Spiro, Tim; and RAB, Sparky, Jason, Murrsky, Chris Silver, Sylvain, Pindude152 and many more.
There are so many friends whom I am in contact with "offline" that I can no longer actually take time to name everyone here. But, I really should do so at least once.

Cooke, Speedy, Mark, Milkman, Terry, James, Slama, Poolman, Ian H., Randy, Squiddy, Eric H., Ancient Games, McMean, Bish, Hanley, Doug @ SB, and so many new and old friends.
This is a really fascinating hobby. I have touched only upon a few of the people who help me regularly with this hobby and I really can't acknowledge every name of everyone I have dealt with here.

Thank you all. (and Barry and Eddie and) and. and...
Keep flipping them boys. All of us who play as well.

Be good to each other and enjoy.
All the very best.

Warlock
Scott

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
Just a thank you to this site, and all it's contributors.
The first year on PinRev, and first six months of pinball ownership have been a learning experience.

Things I've learned:
Shortly after you buy, another one will come available that you would have jumped on.

Do some research and ask questions, you will usually get a response quickly. Also, try to ask the right questions. Who knew there could be 4 or more types of lamps in one machine. Same for fuses.

When moving a machine, don't rush. It's no fun when you forget the coinbox full of parts, leg bolts, etc. is still inside when you turn it on end.

The best way to move a machine is two, twenty year old football players.

Be ready to do some fixing/adjusting whenever you move the machine, even just across the room. Being able to get a manual is a must, even if you're lousy at reading schematics.

Try to get out and meet some of the other members. I've only met a couple, but have nothing but good things to say about them. Hopefully I'll get out to an event or two in the next year to meet some more.

Looking forward to another fun year.

Reactions: DRANO

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Thanks to Spiroagnew for setting me up with an absolutely beautiful clear coated EM to add to my collection. Thanks to all the guys who helped me so early on in this hobby. You let me into your circle not really knowing me all that well. I truly appreciate it. Thanks you all.

Reactions: WARLOCK

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Thanks to all who made the first year of Bluffs so special. It's evolved into a great group of people, with fun relaxed and supportive competition. It was truly heartwarming to watch Karen being cheered to her best ever finish at Jingle Bluffs on Friday, and to see so many of our homegrown players do so well!

To everyone who has supported Pinball for Change by hosting, playing or buying a raffle ticket - we have raised just over $8000 in 14 months and have 5 tournaments planned this spring to get to our $10000 goal to build a classroom in rural Ecuador. I'm very proud of the community for this and hope we can continue to do good!

Thanks to everyone who helped me change up my collection over the past 4 months, from Jooky to Arctic to Warlock to Medvet to Cooke to The Wongfather - and I'm sure I'm missing a few in there. Oh yeah, Honeybadger was right - I'm totally in love with Scorpion - a truly great and underrated SS wide body. Thanks Jason.

Pinball is a huge part of my life, and I hope to continue meeting new awesome people and having a great time in the hobby!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
As time does pass, I find more and more to be thankful for.
A few shout outs are overdue and I wanted to thank the Bluffs crew.

Thank you to everyone who works so hard to make Bluffs Pinball a great place to play.
Thanks to Walt (The Administrator), Menace (Tech Overlord), Tim (Timinator), Kevin (Pianoman), Scot (T1), Chris (Y) and everyone else who assists regularly to make Bluffs the great thing it has now become. Much appreciated.

FYI - Bluffs Pinball is my shop in Scarberia where all things "non-related" to my Audio-Visual Production Company now live.
FYI - www.portunionpinball.com is where you find out all of the Bluffs Pinball event details as well as Pinball for Change deets from Walt.

Thanks to everyone who regularly assists with bringing parts and pins to and from Bluffs. Spiro, Tim, Walt, Drano, Stephane, Ed, Chris Silver, Sparky, and Kevin to name the most recent movements... and with many thanks with pins on loan from Ed (Future Spa) and Dave (EBD) as well. Many thanks to Robert and Doug @ Player 1 Amusements for parts and advice. Thanks to all. I couldn't and wouldn't do it alone, and I thank you all for your assistance.

Thanks again.
All the best.
Enjoy.

Scott (T2)

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace and kvoxx

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I have to give a shout out to my buddy Cooke without whom I never would've managed to score a very reasonable and decent condition Big Game recently. The same goes out to Jason for helping me track down another classic Bally grail in his neck of the woods. And last but not least, thanks to Che for providing additional transport help and shaving 2 hours off my drive. After all my recent travel, that's 2 more hours with my kids. I appreciate it!

It's awesome to have good friends in the hobby who are willing to go out of their way for you. Because God knows that having to jump in a car and race down the highway, for hours on end, just to 'ambulance chase' a good deal on a game is such a drag. It's even more awesome when these friends know the local sellers and can help close the deal; even as the Kijiji hounds are closing in.

I can only hope to be in a position to pay it back one day.

Thanks guys ;)

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
took me a while to find this thread, perhaps more thanks need to be going out.

Big thanks for paul in barrie honouring his price for the night rider today. I think I have purchased about a half dozen games off him in the past , so there is a good rapport . he did mention many were still offering more than asking price even after the Sold PPU. Anyways as usual better than advertised and I hope I can return the favour someday

Reactions: GUARD

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I'm thankful for the great people I've either met or bugged online with lots of newbie questions.
Mitch A from Cambridge, Chris and Dan here in Guelph, The lads at The Church, and Singlezero in the post above for selling me some plastic for well below what he could have.

I must admit I started reading MAACA when I bought my first pin 2 years ago, and I was wondering what kind of cutthroat goofs collect pins.......

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been a bit lax in posting here too; especially considering I started the thread :rolleyes:

I've had a lot of good turns in the hobby over the last few weeks. Warlock helped me out recently by helping to take a lot of older projects off my hands that were encroaching on my free storage at work and causing some friction. And I was able to add a little cash and get one of his STTNG to try out.
Thanks also to Badger/williamsfan for letting me work out a deal to acquire his rare Williams Defender... rather than letting it go to the highest US bidder. I have a special love of restoring and preserving especially rare or important machines... so it was great to be able to keep this one from getting away. Also a special shout to Ian who helped bring it to me earlier this week.
Also worked out a great deal with Tkaye to get my original restored TZ back in the new year. And, as always, some fun collaborations and exchange or work with spiroagnew that has helped several great projects come to fruition.
Thanks to all!