• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Justice League Pin?

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
So, what do you think...will Stern do a Justice League of America pinball machine?
I believe a movie is in the works, but even without that, they made X-Men comic version why not the JLA?

Or, I wonder if they might make a Superman pin to go with the movie?

Anybody got any insider information?

I think that would be my first and only NIB purchase.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Stern usually post pics on their facebook page hinting at things to come like the man of steel one below

181420_10151607933144244_1831382245_n.jpg

A few weeks ago they posted this and there was a ton of speculation over on pinside

945483_10151589181684244_582138872_n.jpg

I know Star Trek is next up after Metallica and they just hired John Trudeau so maybe they will have him make a Superman or Justice League pin after?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Enough with the superhero pins!

Star Trek sounds like it could be fun, but even that theme has been done to death over the years.
I guess as long as Hollywood is re-hashing everything old again, so will Stern.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
movingpictures said:
please pinball gods NO MORE SUPERHEROS :FP: :FP: :FP: :FP:

fat chance on them ever stopping superhero themes...considering they are the most profitable movies made these days! Stern would stop all other themes before they ever stopped superheros.

Justice League pin will be awesome! Best theme ever!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
If they managed to do a JLA game with Alex Ross artwork that could be a beautiful game. Lots to draw on with the theme, and you could make a great playing pin out of it.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
They gotta almost be out of mainstream superheroes. I could see a justice league pin being made after a superman one, but there's not much after that..... Maybe a cat woman, or hawk eye, or Green lantern I just can't see that many more great comic/superhero themes to run with.

I could think of a dozen great music themed games easily, but not as many great superheroes

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Luckydogg420 said:
They gotta almost be out of mainstream superheroes. I could see a justice league pin being made after a superman one, but there's not much after that..... Maybe a cat woman, or hawk eye, or Green lantern I just can't see that many more great comic/superhero themes to run with.

I could think of a dozen great music themed games easily, but not as many great superheroes

As long as there is a superhero movie to tie in with they're golden...and yeah, I'd say that they'd pick superhero over music pins.
Stern makes these games primarily for arcades/operators and I assume more young people will put money in a superhero pin rather than one based on a band they've never heard of.
Us pinheads will stick our quarters in any new machine, so our preference for those band machines is inconsequential.

Upcoming superhero movies:
-New Batman, New Spiderman, new Ironman, Superman, JLA, new Xmen, new GI Joe, 300 pt.2, new Robocop, Sin City 2, Thor 2, Capt. America 2, new Masters of the Universe)

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I know the movies are from a handful of years back, but the Fantastic 4 theme might be pretty awesome.

4 main characters/modes, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer...

thats quite a loaded machine if you ask me.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
meegis said:
I know the movies are from a handful of years back, but the Fantastic 4 theme might be pretty awesome.

4 main characters/modes, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer...

thats quite a loaded machine if you ask me.

I heard a fantastic 4 reboot is in the works. Now that Disney owns the movie license

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Its possible, and like I said, it would be VERY easy to translate to a pinball game. Just use bits of each movie, run a mode for each main character, 3 villains to choose from, Dr. Doom (obivous), Silver Surfer (sort of a villain), and Galactus (easily the final mutli-ball battle)

You can even bring in other characters, like Alicia Masters (things girlfriend) for minor modes, or special shots.

I hope Stern reads this and sends me a game for creative retruibution... lol

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Now that there is a bit of a pinball resurgence I would love to see Stern go back to non-licensed themes. I don't think they always need a licensed theme to sell machines anymore. But I doubt that would happen.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
meegis said:
You can even bring in other characters, like Alicia Masters (things girlfriend) for minor modes, or special shots.

For that Alicia Masters mode, do you have to play blindfolded? But seriously, folks...

Good ideas all, yet unless we pool our money together and start making machines ourselves, we are at the mercy of Stern's "safe" themes. For the record I'm also in the "enough with the bloody superhero themes" camp.