• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Star Trek Next Generation new code LX-8

Dave Astill

Nov 27, 2012
Collingwood Ontario
Thanks to pinsider Ingo 333there is new code for Star Trek. These roms are $11 each plus $3 shipping In Canada through here. They are also available on pinballrom.com. I can ship up to 8 chips for the same fee in Canada. I also stock LEDS , Siegecraft led adapters and much more.
There are too many changes to list but the info is here.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/WZV79221ZC#SFQiTtAwWYm2

Attachments

• IMG_8534.jpg
    IMG_8534.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8535.jpg
    IMG_8535.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8536.jpg
    IMG_8536.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 18

Netropolis

Aug 15, 2018
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
twitter.com
Hi Dave,
Do you know anything about what has been added/changed in the new code?
*Edit - Found and completely read the PDF - you weren't kidding when you said long!
My main concern is if the new code would adversely affect my PIN2DMD's functionality.
*Edit - Doesn't seem like any Animations have been changed at all - the randomised Shuttle Simulation caves may?

I, Myself am curious enough to give it a try...

Last edited:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
*Edit - Doesn't seem like any Animations have been changed at all - the randomised Shuttle Simulation caves may?
I don't think so? The way I read the description it just randomized the L/R for each choice, so the caves are the same, but just in a different order. Seriously cool rules update though.

Netropolis

Aug 15, 2018
twitter.com
Seriously cool rules update though.
Agreed! There are a couple of tid-bits that got my ears up. I already requested 3 from Dave. One for myself and ones for a couple buddies with TNG's I'll report back if anything on my Pin2DMD exhibits any odd behavours because of the new rom.

Thanks to Dave BTW - Without any chip writing equipment, I would have had to sit this one out!

Netropolis

Aug 15, 2018
twitter.com
First off Thank you Dave! I got my chips for a couple of friends and I - we all have TNG's and neither of them HAD ANY IDEA about LX-8 coming out! We were all eager to try out the new code.

I can confirm that the PIN2DMD is NOT affected in the least by the new code. 100% all good.
The new code works great - Nothing REALLY earth shattering other than randomized caves which is neat... Seeing as I had memorized the pattern.
What is oddly awesome is my very cranky right hand inlane eddy board now seems to work - where it was often on the fritz. So no credit dot for the first time in ages. Not sure if that is a code bug fix or just coincidence.

Suffice it to say I am VERY happy with the new code... and again, thanks Dave!

Reactions: ZoomZoomBoomBoom