• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Should Classifieds be closed for comments other then Original Poster/Seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I'd leave it open. There really isn't that much bs going on, it's a pretty friendly forum. Certainly not bad enough for censorship? A lot of comments are useful/supportive. Add another moderator if it's too much work perhaps?
I think this sums up this thread and pretty much defines the moderator's feeling on "censorship" or "limited censorship". No thank you.
Positive and inquisitive questions are all great. It helps sell games; hundreds or more perhaps. Wong and I will watch as best we are able to.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I honestly think we are done here my friends. I see no reason to "censor" games being sold.
In most cases, it is to the advantage of the seller to have someone chime in on "great seller or fantastic game".

Prices are a different thing entirely. People who own an object; can sell it for what they wish to.
As Wong has stated for over a decade: "If priced right; it will sell" and eventually it will do so in time.

All the very best.
Cheers. Salut.

All done.

Last edited:

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
Most of the members here are still collectors, members and friends. We warn noobs as best we are able to.
Locking threads and limiting responses on for sale ads won't better anything for anyone, except the seller of it.

If sellers want to sell uninhibited, go somewhere else. That isn't here. We are a forum whom communicate with each other.

So much to unpack here.

But since you seem to be open to a conversation let’s have one.

Coul you please expand on your message above? Also…
How isn’t selling your own personal property at the asking price you want an issue here? “The benefit of the seller”

Who is supposed to be benefiting for this transaction if the point is selling private property?

Are you perhaps wanting to control what is sold here and at what price?

I presume you are after some sort of transparency here but then again you want to run a forum that is based off some gang rules and secret society mantra where nobody really knows what is what and just be “nice” but it turns out, most for sale posts end up with some level of passive aggresion and boys club mentality, that, let me be honest: helps nobody.

Lol I get it now, pinball revolution. Viva la Revolucion? Che guevara is that you?

Che, please guide me to the deals section is. I want to be in the thread where 90s Williams are selling at 1998 prices. But those are not public or do not exist.
Lol jokes aside…

Now seriously, if you are you impliying this is a brotherhood and people are making favours to each other and that is what this is forum is about then I really fail to see how a forum can self regulate like that, when 2 people are controlling thousands of users?

There is zero need for public debate on a for sale ad:
It only encourages some sort of gang mentality and online bullying that is horrible to experience. If you support that behaviour and expect people to be nice then your forum will never grow.

Not to mention the people that try to talk newbies down by posting passive aggresive comments and then have a bud do the same in hopes of getting a deal.
I have seen that happen here when I started. It happened to me both publicly and in private messages.

If you think you are making the “community” a service, I respectfully disagree.

Selling private property is a private matter and public debate has no room in such business.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
This is a community pinball forum. (Public online forum)
If you do not want others opinions; then don't post in that case.

This is also a collector's forum. Thousands of us. (Who do know each other.)
We help each other out. (And that group continues to grow.) Slow and steady.

Cheers. Salut.

All the very best.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
We have not met yet, but I am sure we will as I have met many others, not in the thousands like you yet, but I have met some great guys in this hobby.
Far - way too far out - to be considered a community but ymmv.
Maybe I will try the for sale thread to get truth answers to these questions, those guys there really like to talk, because here I am getting the “no-answer answer” I see on television when a parliment session is broadcasted…
Go figure, Unfortunately, the “community” fails to those too new to be consider part of the boys club or collectors it seems, and you get the “newbie” treatment here, that includes the no-answer and the occasional passive aggressive comments when selling something?
Interesting club

Status
Not open for further replies.