• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Shippsy -When things go wrong.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I will make this as brief as possible;

-Scooby pinball machine shipped from Spooky was completely destroyed by R&L Carrier
-(Most likely) R&L, knowing that they had destroyed the shipment, tried to conceal the damage and proceeded to wrap the box in plastic to stop all the broken glass from falling out. They then delivered it to Shippsy in New York.
-Shippsy; WITHOUT CHECKING THE SHIPMENT, signed for it and accepted it as having no damage.
-As normal procedure, Shippsy sent me a picture of the skid on their dock and I could tell the box was damaged, but was hopeful that the damage was ONLY to the box.
-When I went to pick up the shipment at the Mississauga Shippsy location, I immediately the damaged went through the box, to the actual game. Upon opening the box, the pinball machine was completely destroyed. It looked like someone hit it with a truck as the entire cabinet caved in, all the glass exploded, the back box split in half and the playfield was most likely split or warped as well.
-The Shippsy Business Manager was called over and the situation was explained to him. The machine was left with Shippsy as I refused it in the condition it was in.
-Shippsy realized immediately that they were at fault for signing for it, even though, according to their records/ CCTV video, that is was knowingly delivered destroyed.
-Shippsy assured me that they would take care of it and that they stood behind their service. From their email; "Rest assured, we are committed to resolving this matter promptly and ensuring that the appropriate actions are taken to prevent similar incidents in the future."
-Shippsy then shipped the machine back to Spooky and opened a claim against R&L Carrier.
-R&L Carrier immediately denied the claim as it was signed for as "ok".
-almost 3 months have passed.
-Spooky has repaired the machine ($8500 US repair bill) and it has been ready to ship for almost 2 weeks. (I only found out today that Spooky and my US distributor agreed to fix them machine while the repair payment was being resolved.)
-I forwarded the repair invoice to Shippsy and got no response.
-About a week later Shippsy stated that they were going to reopen the claim against R&L Carrier.
-Today I receive this email from Shippsy; I haven't received a response from R&L Carriers regarding the claim appeal we submitted. Shippsy covered the expense of returning the shipment to the manufacturer in the US. Regrettably, Shippsy cannot cover the repair costs, which is why we are assisting in the process of getting the claim approved by R&L Carriers.
-
The Shippsy Business Manager is no longer answering his phone and his voicemail is "no longer connected". Shippy's main contact phone number is also not being answered and goes straight to voicemail.

There is a possibility that Shippsy is completely lying and that they, in fact, did all the damage, wrapped the machine, and took the picture on their dock afterward. At this point, I no longer trust or believe anything they say.
Either way...I'm screwed.
What this means is that Shippsy assumes NO LIABILTY when using their services.
As someone who has a commercial account with them and imports millions of dollars of merchandise from the US, Shippsy is no longer a viable option for any products or shipments of significant value.

• Angry
Reactions: IVPinball

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Wow. Just wow.

and this is why I went with Fedex Freight with my Multimorphic order. Cheap carriers cannot be trusted. I didn’t wwant my shipment changing hands/companies.

Hope you can get this resolved. Good luck.

Reactions: Honey Badger

Pinpickle

Oct 5, 2021
Oakville
Wow, that's terrifying. I'm not a fan of shipping companies switching with a delivery. Best to drop ship it to a Depot and drive across the boarder. I wondered if shippsy would handle a pin. Guess they do but terribly. Thanks for letting the community know, hope it gets sorted.

Their office in Mississauga is shit but I would go and demand to talk to someone.

So shitty.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Wow, that's terrifying. I'm not a fan of shipping companies switching with a delivery. Best to drop ship it to a Depot and drive across the boarder. I wondered if shippsy would handle a pin. Guess they do but terribly. Thanks for letting the community know, hope it gets sorted.

Their office in Mississauga is shit but I would go and demand to talk to someone.

So shitty.
I have a used depots in New York for 10+ years. Unfortunately, it would have made no difference in this situation, because the critical part was that the person accepting the shipment at the depot didn't check the shipment for damages. I have had the exact same problem with my business shipping through out the US via FED EX and UPS. The advantage of using them though is that the shipment via FED EX is left at a FED EX depot and the same goes for UPS. So, if something goes wrong, there is no 3rd party to blame. (Although they have tried to blame Franchisee depots in the case of UPS). It's just brutal. :(

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Wow... Thanks for sharing this. It sucks, and I hope you get it resolved. It's a good warning about how things can go very wrong, and be very expensive. Even when Shipsy is clearly in the wrong here (by incorrectly accepting the damaged shipment), your only real recourse is what-to sue them in NY state? That won't be quick.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I have used Shippsy probably over a 100 times and have never had any issues, but I am dealing with parts mainly. I always ship my games to the UPS store in Lewiston and drive over to pick them up. I guess if you used a credit card, wouldn't the purchase be insured?

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Sorry to hear :( I really hope this gets resolved soon. As a side story, I tried to ship something last year with Shippy and couldn't get a hold of them on the phone for a whole week, so I figured if they don't answer the phone, then I can't deal with that company. They did answer e-mails, but their answers were poor, disorganized and too many red flags for me, so I avoided using them all together.

I'm sorry again that you are going through this, it pains me to hear.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Update: I have just received video that it was definitely delivered damaged by R&L, so at least I know that Shippsy isn't lying about that.
Unfortunately, the video also shows the Shippsy employee signing for the pin before it is even unloaded from the truck. It also shows, the during the entire unloading procedure, not once did he even glance at the machine, that was partially hanging off the skid. Incompetency to the extreme.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Wow that's a nightmare.

I also had an issue with Shippsy although it was a lot smaller than yours. I went in on a group buy from a guy who is stationed in Korea. He bought us all some Korean product that doesn't ship overseas and then he shipped it to us.

When mine arrived at Shippsy they demanded all types of documentation that didn't exist. They wanted an English invoice and proof that I paid it, but the only invoice I had was Korean that the guy forwarded to me and my only payment was through paypal to the sender. Then they made me create a fake invoice in English and jump through a bunch of other hoops before they would release the item to me. Once I got it all sorted out they told me this was an exception and that they don't accept foreign orders like this.

Nowhere on their site does it say anything about foreign orders not being allowed and I have no idea how they would clear something that was a gift because they say they need an invoice for everything. I get that they're probably just trying to cover their asses with customs but they should make these requirements a lot more clear up front.

If I were you I'd be getting a lawyer involved. Shippsy is obviously at fault here for signing for a damaged shipment. I bet a letter from a lawyer would get things moving.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Sorry to hear about this terrible experience and I almost used them before to get a new Rush Premium from Flip N Out in the US. I had been waiting 7-8 months from Jerry at P1 meanwhile Flip N Out had them in stock pretty much the whole time but Shippsy wouldn't cooperate with my native friend for taxes so that was ultimately why I waited to buy from Jerry. I've used Shippsy before in the past for small orders from the US and they seemed fine. I recently tried another similar service called Cross Border Pick Ups and the process was much smoother and easier compared to Shippsy. I didn't have to supply any documents and just had to fill out their online form as accurately and honestly as possible :)

Hope this gets sorted out soon or you can get refunded completely and then buy Damien's Scooby Doo for sale right now.

Reactions: Corrie

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Update: I have just received video that it was definitely delivered damaged by R&L, so at least I know that Shippsy isn't lying about that.
Unfortunately, the video also shows the Shippsy employee signing for the pin before it is even unloaded from the truck. It also shows, the during the entire unloading procedure, not once did he even glance at the machine, that was partially hanging off the skid. Incompetency to the extreme.
Am I the only one that wants to see the carnage?

Reactions: roar