• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND Serious search for class of 1812

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Hi all

Seriously looking for a Class of 1812. Willing to pay for collector quality but will consider all conditions. Let me know what you have!

Tx Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
If you seen it in person and the price reflected the condition, it would be worth buying. This pin seems to be a little rare.
I would certainly check it out if I was in that part of the country. They seem to have a bad rep for some reason?

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Yes, I am still in communication with him on the pin. It is being refurbished and won't be ready for 2-3 weeks. If you google Alouette Amusements you'll get a taste of why their reputation is a bit "off". As well, they are known in the community for misrepresenting machines based on condition and functionality. As you said, due to the difficulty in finding this title, I may have to take the trip to see it and prepare to leave disappointed if it doesn't work out!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Just go with a vehicle you can transport the game in, and have cash in hand. That way you know exactly what you're getting and can take the game as-is where-is.

If you can't take the game with you on the spot, that's when people get screwed.

D

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Just go with a vehicle you can transport the game in, and have cash in hand. That way you know exactly what you're getting and can take the game as-is where-is.

If you can't take the game with you on the spot, that's when people get screwed.

D
For sure, that's what I thought too. If you leave the game things may "change" before you get back. I am intending if this works out to fly down and rent an SUV or minivan to bring it back. Fingers crossed.....

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
How is your 1812 going? I checked with them along time ago (maybe a year) and they had that pin then, it seems funny that they are just doing the restore now. You could ask around the MAACA forum to see if anyone lives close and could go check it out to see if it actually in the works or even the general condition. I bet there are guys you could trust to broker the deal for you and could have it shipped cheaper than driving down there to get it. And maybe offer to take it as is for a project pin rather than wait for them to get around to it someday.
Just a thought. I wouldn't mind getting one of these but they seem rare to find.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Thanks for checking in! Going to contact them next week as that will be around 2 -3 weeks as they requested. I've been actively posting on Maaca and pinside with mixed results. I've also message owners on the registry who have indicated possible sales options. Tough game to acquire I must say. I know that 1812 is not much for serious players, but I'm a huge theme guy. This will work out eventually. I'm not putting too much stock in Allouete simply based on reputation. Who knows. Wife wants a trip to Montreal, so no worries on the travel bit. I actually was able to buy my F14 tomcat in Boston because she really wanted to go for the weekend. Works for both of us I guess. How's your new machine? Just picked it up a week or two ago right?

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
So Alouette advised me that they needed 2-3 weeks to shop the machine. I talked to them last night and now he has 3 units, but won't touch them till January. Something certainly sounds off here.....the hunt continues!

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
So Alouette advised me that they needed 2-3 weeks to shop the machine. I talked to them last night and now he has 3 units, but won't touch them till January. Something certainly sounds off here.....the hunt continues!
That's pretty much what I used to get from Alouette.... yes, we have that, we have everything, but it's on a container.... blah, blah, blah. I think they take your "wants" and then try to pull a machine from somewhere. Very disreputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.