• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Price check for TFTC above average players condition

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Just curious to get some thoughts on a fair price for a Tales from the Crypt these days. I know prices have been insane lately and I have not been keeping up as much as I have in the past.

Machine has LEDs, but no topper, standard DMD and no other upgrades.

Playfield & cabinet is in good shape, both an 8/10. Everything works 100%, some minor broken plastics. Recently shopped with rubbers, flipper rebuild kits and pop bumper mechs.

Pinside says $3600USD. That puts me at $4,500. My gut says that is too low given the market.

I appreciate the feedback!

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Mitchell's formula is to add 20% to the conversion price...so about 900 more for asking.
Then a little give and take....

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
I don’t think you will find a working players condition TFTC in Canada for less than 5.5k with today’s prices. Sellers market right now so I would say between 5.5k - 6k for a players condition and perhaps up to 6.5k If it has a really nice cabinet and playfield.

if the dollar goes higher, the border reopens and people start spending their money on other forms of leisure (post covid) then perhaps the price may drop but I don’t think you will ever see the price of a (non project) TFTC drop below 4.5k again.

it is a great game unless you hate the Crypt keepers laugh.