• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Dolly

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
As my collection grows, my back seems to be paying the price...
I have been using furniture movers, but I find them cumbersome and annoying.

I would like to buy a dolly that I can just slide under the machine from the front, to lift and move it out of the lineup when fixing something etc.
I would also like to get something local versus having something shipped from the US.

Can anyone recommend a solution that they are currently, or were previously, using?

Thanks!

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I use this:

You can buy it from Nitro or any industrial equipment place. I bought mine from Doverco in Montreal. They have offices in Toronto as well.

It's stupid expensive (as much as a WPC title) but OMG I use it for so much more than just moving pins. The forklift lifts 1200 lbs. I use it to lift my ATV and anything else up high so I can work on it without being hunched over all the time. The sucky part is all the extra accessories you will want are also stupid expensive. Pinball lift plate, big wheels, extra self retracting straps, edge brakes (to prevent the dolly from going down stairs unintentionally, etc.

For pins I use the dolly part to move the game up and down to/from the basement. I use the forklift to move them in/out of the lineup and to remove or install legs. With my Escalera it's always a 1-person operation as opposed to needing assistance and it saves what little I have left of my back.

Be sure to get the one with the removable forklift attachment otherwise it's big and heavy all the time:
  • RLA-HC Powered Stair Climbing Forklift with hand operated winch and Removable Lift Attachment.​
  • RLA-EW Powered Stair Climbing Forklift with battery operated winch and Removable Lift Attachment.​

Or you could just try to find an old pinball lift table like Luch identified. Only has 1 use but I'm sure can be found pretty cheap. Stores under a game.

Last edited:

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
I got one like Luch linked to but it was cheaper. From Canadian tire I believe. It required a modification to the handle so you can actually move it around while something is on it.

It doesn't give me the most confidence while using it though. If I could go back I'd spend a bit more and get a nicer one. Escalara is the holy grail though.

Reactions: Mike Walsh

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I have used an Escalera, but bought a different motorized cart for ascending/ descending stairs. Although mine is much better than the Escalera for tackling stairs and moving a "folded up" pin, it does not have any sort of forklift functionality. :( Buying an Escalera would be redundant at this point as I only need the dolly portion of the functionality and I already spent a ton on the motorized cart I already have.

I think I'm leaning towards the dolly Luch has suggested. I was just hoping to find something more local.

Oh, and I totally agree MrMikeman. Now that I have a motorized cart, I (and my neighbours) are using it all the time for everything!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
You can get this 500lb hydraulic lift cart from Princess Auto on sale now for $269.99.

images

You will need to modify the handle or else you won't be able to slide it under your machine to lift up. There is an old pinside thread here where they modify a similar one made by Harbor Freight

Reactions: IVPinball

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
You can get this 500lb hydraulic lift cart from Princess Auto on sale now for $269.99.

images

You will need to modify the handle or else you won't be able to slide it under your machine to lift up. There is an old pinside thread here where they modify a similar one made by Harbor Freight

These things are life savers

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I made my own using a modded motorcycle jack, and it's good for short moves. That one Mike linked to is probably better though. There are a couple of threads with more information on here (second one has a photo of what I'm using):

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
I have used an Escalera, but bought a different motorized cart for ascending/ descending stairs. Although mine is much better than the Escalera for tackling stairs and moving a "folded up" pin, it does not have any sort of forklift functionality. :( Buying an Escalera would be redundant at this point as I only need the dolly portion of the functionality and I already spent a ton on the motorized cart I already have.

I think I'm leaning towards the dolly Luch has suggested. I was just hoping to find something more local.

Oh, and I totally agree MrMikeman. Now that I have a motorized cart, I (and my neighbours) are using it all the time for everything!

what cart did you get/use instead of an escalara ooc?

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Dear god... Over $6k but can only carry 375lbs??? My WOZ weighs in at about 404lbs. My MM P3 will be even heavier!

Escalera with the forklift and all the extra accessories(extra straps, big wheels, large toeplate, pinball plate, edge brakes) is about the same price and can do 1200lbs.

Basic Escalera stair climbing dolly (no forklift or accessories) does 1200lbs and costs $3650 CAD

Last edited:

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Dear god... Over $6k but can only carry 375lbs??? My WOZ weighs in at about 404lbs. My MM P3 will be even heavier!

Escalera with the forklift and all the extra accessories(extra straps, big wheels, large toeplate, pinball plate, edge brakes) is about the same price and can do 1200lbs.

Basic Escalera stair climbing dolly (no forklift or accessories) does 1200lbs and costs $3650 CAD
Hi saw Mike's stair climbing dolly in action, sure was cool to see it work!! My gf said we need this, not gonna happen at that price!