• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Arcade/Bowling Alley / Boston Pizza in Kitchener

ThunderStorm

Jan 2, 2013
Waterloo
just did a quick video last night so you guys could see what it's all about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdyg3XeK7XQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUs4DbVQXZw2x_7nnmMu722A[/youtube]

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Thanks for sharing and looks like little kids will have a great time there but too bad about no pins.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Friggin' redemption games...they are the Devil....the Devil I tell ya !

Kids will pump $20 into those things in 5 minutes so they can trade in tickets and get a 12 cent rubber ball. It's genius really, but I hate 'em.

Looks like a neat place to kill a couple of hours. Not a fan of Boston Pizza though...never had a good experience.

Thanks for the share.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Redemption games is just gambling for kids! I cannot STAND the things, but I can see the allure from my kids perspective. (especially when their Dad has a basement FULL of pins and vids, why would they pay to play these things out in the wild?)

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I think the most disappointing for me whenever I tried to play a pin in the "wild" was how poorly dialed in the game was. There is nothing more frustrating when flippers are weak and you can't make the simplest shots as a result or I think there was even a case where one flipper bat wasn't even there :FP: