• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Mirror Blades

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
Thanks. I remember Drano's blades, but for some reason I recall them being not quite like a mirror finish? I dunno it's been a while since I've seen his products.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Thanks. I remember Drano's blades, but for some reason I recall them being not quite like a mirror finish? I dunno it's been a while since I've seen his products.

His first batch of chrome was sort of cloudy as seen here in my I500 from a few years back. But he switched to a different supplier or material and the finish was spot on with Pinball Decals chrome mirror finish at the time.

7616061916_d33663a073_b.jpg

You could try to PM Drano as I am sure he still has the CNC files saved. You would probably need to organize a small run to make it worth while for you because Drano would have to order the sheets of materials from the supplier. It might just be easier and quicker to order from pinballsidemirrors.com in the US.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
also to this day, I still get messages saying how the gold blades Drano and I sold were the best on the market.

Unfortunately people in the US started reproducing it using some really crappy material for WAY cheaper, and buyers flocked to them instead.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
To be accurate, the chrome finish became impossible to compete with. I mean, I could get them to the same dollar value more or less, but the shipping usually killed the deal. My bext customers were buying a lot at the same type and, because mine were much thinner and lighter, I could pack multiples in the same box for no added charge.

Now, for the black and gold, the competitors did initially offer them for a good price but, once I exited the market, they jacked their prices way up again. To be honest, with the current US exchange I could probably flood the market and make a killing... the only problem is time and resources. It has been an especially busy year and I can't even imagine adding this to the workload right now.