• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

?? MAME ?? Who Makes a RELIABLE One ???

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
Hello looking to buy a nice MAME. Arcadexworld has some listed that are lookin nice for the $ at $2000 with 3000 and 32 inch screen but I have ZERO idea if they are junk? Have a physical disability and will be land locked soon with the coming Winter so wanting to get something to kill the time.
Thank you in advance!

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I believe that any computer based system will not have 100% reliability. You should perhaps look into a Pandora setup such as this:

Plugs into HDMI on your TV. plays thousands of games. Some have the ability to add games either through WIFI or a memory card.

Doesn't take much space and is good enough especially if it's just to kill boredom in the winter months.

If you have lots of spare cash you could get a Vewlix with Pandora from these Montreal guys:

Good luck with your search nonetheless!

Reactions: KING BLING !

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I got my new Vewlix clone from same montreal guys back in 2017, gutted it and sold off the Pandora Box. I MAME'd mine as well as made it so you can hook up modern consoles like Xbox360/XboxOne/PS3/PS4 as well. You can see my build thread here:

I would recommend learning a lot of this yourself so you can be self sufficient otherwise you could own an expensive boat anchor. If you know how to install Windows from scratch that's a start and then rest you can pick which version of MAME build you want along with compatible romset and put on front end. I used my same Hyperspin setup whichi I did from scratch in 2004 and last year I caved and updated my front end to run Launch Box.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I got my new Vewlix clone from same montreal guys back in 2017, gutted it and sold off the Pandora Box. I MAME'd mine as well as made it so you can hook up modern consoles like Xbox360/XboxOne/PS3/PS4 as well.

Yep did that too. Playing arcade games sitting down on a cab meant for sitting is really nice. I also have a XBOX ONE and a MAME computer with 48TB of games. Yes. TB. I've only installed half that (24TB) due to lack of interest. I never even turn it on. But my wife likes playing Mrs Pacman and a few other games once in a while.